Sign in to follow this  

Great Ambassador of Flight

I salute John Travolta!This guy does a great job. I wish someone would write a great flight filmscript for him!Sorry, don't have the web addresses, can someone please add themThanxAll from me Georgethetee

>I salute John Travolta! >Me too! BTW--- did you see the 707's interior?L.Adamson

I didn't see the interior, but I did get to see the plane in real life. I was waiting in Auckland Airport for a flight to Fiji and the 707 was out on the apron. It looked like brand-new, absolutely gorgeous (though I am a Qantas fanatic - took some of my earliest flights in these planes). While we waited, the crew bus pulled out and Mr. Travolta and the rest of the crew got out and posed for the ramp employees and press. One of my group had a pair of binoculars, so we were able to have a pretty good gawk! They were even dressed in period QF uniforms. I think both he and the airline got a great deal out of this; a real win-win situation. So, we flew off to Nadi and they continued on to Sydney. Quite a treat :)Liam S. Dunch, Ex-pat AussieTour Manager, Collette Vacations

Guest Paul_W

>I salute John Travolta! I salute people who live in the real world myself.Was his PR person under the weather today and so you decided to help out with a little home-spun publicity for him in the MSFS forum?I would think this is the perfect example of a topic that doesn't belong here, but rather in the Hanger Chat forum (if anywhere)....

>I would think this is the perfect example of a topic that >doesn't belong here, but rather in the Hanger Chat forum (if >anywhere).... BS---- this belongs here as much as anything else. If not-- then there seems to be quite a seperation of real world versus virtual pilots in some peoples minds. If this is the case..... then get me off this "ship"!L.Adamson --- real and virtual pilot

PaulW - I won't suggest what the W must stand for - you seem to be one of these somwhat sad people who default to super-cynical mode.We're all interested in flight here, it doesn't hurt to have a few genuine heros. Remember James Stewart, he was a flight fan back in the 30s, back then you would probably have said the same about him as Travolta. But when the war came, he flew his plane over Germany and could easily have been killed. That's not PR. I suggest you save your cynicism for some of the british celebrities who 'give their time' to charities - because they need the free publicity and they are too mean to put their hands in their own pockets.All from me Georgethetee

>I salute John Travolta! >>This guy does a great job. I wish someone would write a >great flight filmscript for him! >>Sorry, don't have the web addresses, can someone please add >them >Thanx >>All from me >>Georgethetee The most I've seen Travolta fly was in the flight epic "Saturday Night Fever"......gwillmot