Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

Roger Wilco

Guest A32X

Sirs,When I use Roger Wilco I get a click, click static sound when I test my microphone and listen to the readback. It's fine under windows XP speech and sound recorder.Any Ideas?Many Thanks,

Are you using PTT mode or voice activation ?What you hear is the microphone clicks of RW.Also make sure you Adjust your RW Internet Connection Speed to "SLOW MODEM" setting regardless of your actual connection speed.Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vatsim-eur.org/images/VATSIM-EURs.gifhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

You should be able to lose the mic clicks by starting Roger Wilco, then click on the "Adjust" tab and unchecking the box beside "Play Mic Clicks." I turned them off too, they were terribly annoying.KP

Guest FS_freak

Hi guys,I though this would be the place. I've been flyin on Vatsim for a while now using only text. As a non native english speaker I find voice a bit intimidating. Well last night I downloaded RW and gave it a try, albeit I did so at SLLP (spanish ATC) :-hah Needless to say I had a blast! I am ready to venture into some English speaking zones now. Fact is I downloaded the latest RW from gamespy: Mark 1d3. It says all over the place that it is shareware and has some sort of time limit. I tried to get it from download.com where it says the licence is free (registered version?) but it wouldn't come. Ended up getting the file from another download site. I messed around with it for about 30 min last night without any interruptions from the shareware limit thing. Question is: Is this really a time limited version? If so, where can I get a freeware older version of RW that is compatible with WinXP?Thanks in advance.Maurice

Guest FS_freak

Thanks Ken,It's coming. I gather you use it on WinXP, right? Well I'll give it a try and see what happens. Cheers,Maurice

Just my humble opinion here as another non native english speaker...The way you write english you shouldn't have any trouble at all speaking it. Good luck :-)PS. And YES, It is a blast! :DREgards

Guest FS_freak

Thanks Mats but you would be amazed at how many times I have to go through my posts, editing words and phrases to avoid offending the sensitive ears of those who are lucky enough to be able to express themselves directly in english without all this hassle. Can you imagine me taking back half of what I say on RW just to make myself clear to ATC without abnormal efforts on his side? I am really scared of the non-routine conversations. Sure I can say that I am "ready to copy IFR" or readback clearances and other instructions but at times things can get pretty specific on Vatsim (that's the whole point of real ATC, isn't it?). After 25+ yrs (since I left the US) without holding a real time conversation in english for any period of time, I fear I'll screw things up. That's why I prefer to write. I'll do my best to get over it. Maybe voice ATC will even help me recover my former english speaking abilities? Who knows!Kyprianos, I am looking forward to the new voice client. Will also set RW according to your advise. Is it really necessary to get the alternate click file? I imagine disabling the mic click option on RW should be enough. Or does this file do something different?Cheers,Maurice

>>Kyprianos, I am looking forward to the new voice client. Will>also set RW according to your advise. Is it really necessary>to get the alternate click file? I imagine disabling the mic>click option on RW should be enough. Or does this file do>something different?>All it does is providing a smoother sound for RW clicks instead of the other one. Just replace the existing ones with these. I prefer these ones from nothing ;-)Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vatsim-eur.org/images/VATSIM-EURs.gifhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

That's fine if you're into hearing clicks. If you just want to hear the people you're talking to, simply kill the clicks as I described above. I can't imagine downloading and installing a different set of clicks to listen to, but if that's your bag... ;)KP