Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

VATSIM, Squawkbox 2.3.5 and FS2004..bummer.

Well, come July 29 for those of us going to FS2004, what are the chances of the current Squawkbox build being able to be used with FS2004. I predict the chances are zero as they had to patch it to get it to work with FS2002. With SB3 on the horizon (distant?), I am doubting that they will again patch the current build to make it work with FS2004 instead just waiting till Joel finishes up SB3. With that in mind I think online flying on VATSIM is sadly going to go way down on the pilot side which is unfortunate for those of us (like me) that fly strictly on VATSIM. Going to be a choice of staying with FS2002 for online flying or upgrading for the enhancements of FS2004. Anyone have any additional info on this subject?

Eric 

Not exactly. With FSUIPC updated for FS2004 and if Microsoft doesn't change multiplayer SDK (wich As far they said will remain valid) SB will work. Well I mean with SBhost.exe I have some doubts with HostSB.dll.So the Key is the new FSUIPC version for FS2004My 0.02

What really sucks is those of us with PFC hardware. If Pete stops doing updates, I will have 900 dollars worth of equip. sitting here not being able to be used.

Eric 

Vulcan I bet Pete will try to do whatever he can to make things smooth. Almost all my programs relly in FSUIPC and sure, I'm a litle bit concerned but if you look to things like this:http://www.forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=6402you notice that all angles are beeing observed. Of course strange FSUIPC application like my AIBridge could not work in the very first day but I'm confident that things will work.Jos

Considering the sheer size of the flight sim community, and the depth of it's talent, I have no doubt that someone, somewhere will provide whatever may be needed for this hobby (obsession? :-) ) to not only survive, but to thrive. There have always been people the we have come to rely on for their contributions but no one can be around forever. When, for whatever reason, one of them leaves the hobby someone comes along and fills in the void.Mike Bromley