Sign in to follow this  
Krister

Problems logging on to VATSIM

Sorry if this has been covered before but I didn't find anything about it.For several weeks now I've had strange problems logging on to Vatsim. If I try logging on to my usual servers in Europe or even the US, I get kind of logged in... That is I get one green line with a short text (unfortunately I forgot what it says now but I thinks it's only one word - flightsimnetwork?). The connect command is then greyed out and I can log out but nothing else happens. I don't get any usual welcome text and the atc directory only list unicom. However, if I connect using a certain Asian server that is also is the list of servers, I get normally logged in.Of course I can continue logging on using the Asian server but something is obviously wrong. Anyone know anything about this?/Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest rcritz

Unfortunately, without the specific error message, there isn't much I can do to help you. Next time you see it, please write it down and post it as a reply here.cz

Thanks for your reply Richard!Actually I never got an error message message, it appeared as if I was logged in except that I never received the welcome message.Anyway, I don't know if it was making coffee or taking the dog for walk that fixed it, but now everything is working normally again!The wonderful world of computers! :)/Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest NealT

That's what you call First Rate Service!Actually, I have seen things similar to it...usually it happens when you are trying to log in just as the Internet decides to start dropping packets - something it is known for doing. Not saying that is what was happening in your case, but letting you know that has been my experience.Neal