Sign in to follow this  
Guest MB327

VATSIM Pilot Training

Guest MB327

I am pleased to announce the plans for the [ahref=http://simsource.net/files/MB327/V_PTO.htm]VATSIM Pilot Training Program[/a].

Mike, Looks great, a long overdue initiative, IMHO. This will help reduce the stumbles for new folks and also keep us long term VATSIM flyers from keeping or developing bad habits. I like the idea of minimum training standards for pilots as well as controllers. Keeps the virtual skies orderly and will eliminate some of the mistakes over the communications channels. You may hear a little squawking, but don't worry, this is definitely a positive step!regards,chris conklinPHNL)

Guest m3pimpin

Mike this is an awesome program, and I'm happy its finally going to lift off. By reading that link, not only do I comprehend that it will make current Vatsim users, better at flying, and interacting on Vatsim, so no confusion in the skies will occur, but i also understand that many new flyers, that do not know yet how to "fly" or should i say navigate, land, etc, use instruments, will learn? Am I right, I know even some long time flight simmers need to brush up on their flying. I am extremely excited for this program, and can't wait. Sorry for the question Mike, but do you know approximately when this program will launch, and be in full effect? Thank you, and Vatsim Rocks!

Guest MB327

Thanks for taking the time to look through the overview document and I am glad you like what you saw. As to the question about learning how to "fly", let me quote from the GOALS section of the overview linked above."A key driver in developing the program is that we do not intend to create a

Guest m3pimpin

Wow 2 years, hehe. Hey but this is going to be a great program. Want to join it already.

Guest pagotan

I am also eager to join the program for several reasons. Were do you think will a time table be announced -if at all - here or on VATSIM?Michael

Guest MB327

It is good to see the enthusiasm for the program. We have a lot of work to do and knowing you folks are anxiously awaiting it is very encouraging.There is no set timetable for implementation. I would be crazy to set one because it is all volunteer dependent. The Phase 1 project is underway at this time, later this summer we will start working on the never-ending translation phase. Each phase will be launched independently and only after we are satisfied that it passes the value criteria and also the most critical test of being progressively understandable by a newbee.