Sign in to follow this  
shermank

strange vatsim behavior

I have yet to get SB, VAtsim, etc to work together in FS2004. I have been around long enough to follow directions and RTFM....:-)SBRelay shows the connection. FSPIUC has accepted the freeware registration for SB 2.3; SB boots up, and I can connect. But, whenever I go to the ATC Directory, the only thing showing up is Unicom...and sometimes something called Autodata...Every now and then, the directory will show an extended list of controllers, including those who are clearly way out of range from where my plane is parked. Then, when I reclick, it's back to Unicom only.I have had online communication with two other flyers who have had this same experience. If you have had this experience, please detail what has happened, and if you know a solution, please share it.Thanks!Sherm

I am beta testing the Advanced Voice Client that will become part of SB3 to replace Roger Wilco. I am wondering whether this might be the problem. Otherwise, however, AVC has been working well in FS2002.Sherm

Guest rcritz

If you're seeing autodata, then something happened with the FSUIPC registration because you're still at 0/0 lat/lon. Check the FSUIPC.log file in the modules directory and see if it says squawkbox is actually accredited to use it.cz

thanks ...actually, I did trace it back to an improper SB registration on my part with fsuipc...I am up and running with vatsim...but, I had a sudden computer lock up over the weekend flying from key west to miami...if whoever was controlling mia_v_ctr...sorry for dumping out suddenly...:-)...btw, I think the freeze may have been due to some improper bios tweaking...Sherm