Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

First Name, Surname entry question?

Been around a while, but still a relative newbie to vatsim relative to all of the ins and outs.Installed FS2004 some time ago, and am now trying to implement VatSim flights for the first time. (Implementing SBRelay, latest issue)Once communication is established, I see a repeated warning in SB that my first name and surname must be registered correctly or I am fixing to be in trouble. I do not recall ever seeing this in FS2002, but may have just missed it. First question. Does this text always show up regardless of whether I have done everything correctly to this point or not? On my first attempt, VatSim told me I had done everything correctly.There are three places for names in the setup. The first is immedaltely after the Multiplayer Connect where I am to inter a player name. I have always I have always entered my aircraft call sign at this point.The second spot in the setup for a name is In the squawkbox Multiplayer - Multiplayer Connect window (where Internet TCP/IP connection for DirectPlay is shown). The default text in this window is "Squawkbox". I have also always entered my aircraft call sign at this point as well.The third name entry spot is the SBHost Connect window ("Connect to PC/SB Server) where my flight plan data is entered. This is the spot where I have always entered my first name, surname, and home airport. Is this correct, and the only place I am requred to enter my full name?While I am asking dumb questions, in my communications (typed text), my communications are always duplicated. Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong?I am not sure that I am asking these questions on the correct site, so I will also try on the other popular forums.Thanks:RTH

Guest MB327

RTH,The "third name entry spot" where you actually connect to the VATSIM server is where you MUST enter your first and last name, along with your VATSIM ID number and password. The name entered here must match your VATSIM registration.