Sign in to follow this  
mfrantz

ATTENTION: ServInfo Hoax

Yesterday (20th Septemeber) a file appeared on the avsim.com file library discribead as a "ServInfo" update with my name as the author with the following details:----------------------------------------Category: FS2004 UtilitiesNew! Servinfo Update File Description:This is an update of Servinfo for FS2004 this file contains updates of some Virtual Airlines and airports Note this is just an update till next year when the new servinfo come out.. (CW) Filename: servinfo_2.zip License: Freeware Added: 20th September 2003 Downloads: 388 Author: Michael Franzeskakis Size: 1574kb --------------------------------------------This upload has **** ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ME ****. It looks (the least) like a bad joke from somebody who didn't even bother to copy my name correctly (a "t" is missing between the "n" and the "z").I have informed the avsim library for the immediate removal of this file.Please note that I am NOT referring to the ServInfo 2.01 update that was released by *the real* me on the 17th (see relevant post below by Kyprianos).And of course it is not true that there will not be a new ServInfo release till next year! If you have already installed this "update" file then I would recommend to delete the servinfo.dat file and all the contents of the Logos subdirectory and replace them with the original files contained in the ServInfo version 2.00 zip file.Thanks for your attentionMichael Frantzeskakis

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg