Sign in to follow this  
Guest A340-300 fan

New to Vatsim

Guest A340-300 fan

hello guys, im trying to get my simulation experience as a real a possibel and vatsim does that. what do i need to know? like what kind of skills? and i have a slight to mild stuttering problem, how will this affect my vatsim experience and would i be able to be a pilot in the real world with a stuttering problem? and any other info i should know i would greatly appreciate it. thanksadamYou cant truley understand flying until you have actually tasted and felt it.

Guest MB327

Skills - Navigation to and from a VOR, flying a pattern, maintaining altutude, and being respectfull. Those are the basic requirements.Stuttering Problem - With FS9 I think that applies to 90% of us.Real World - Not sure what you mean there, VATSIM trys to follow real world avaition but it is still just a simulation and should never be considered "real world".Any other info - LotsThere are many things to know about sim flight on a network. Start by reading through this forum and visiting the vatsim.net site and looking through the links off the home page. That will give you a good idea of what is involved. After spending a few hours looking at that material, start by joining the network and downloading Squawkbox, SBRelay, Roger Wilco, and FSUIPC. Read the installation and setup guides then let us know where you still need help.

Guest A340-300 fan

oops, i shoudl of said, i have a speech stutter problem.adamYou cant truley understand flying until you have actually tasted and felt it.

Guest Tekneek

>oops, i shoudl of said, i have a speech stutter problem.>adam>You cant truley understand flying until you have actually>tasted and felt it.This anecdote would not apply to all cases, but my best friend had a bit of a stuttering problem and becoming a pilot actually helped him get beyond it. He almost never stutters now. It is rather amazing, actually.I am just getting into Vatsim, but from what I can tell most of the controllers I have seen on are not doing voice. Aside from that, all controllers must support text communications. So, you can build up to the voice part slowly without running into showstopping problems.

Guest airtel

Freddie STARR was a famous bod that stuttered, but never seemed to do it during his act.Gareth Gates again the same thing doesn't stutter during his singing!In DanAir when I flew with them, there was a first officer who stuttered and twitched, but the flying was impeccable and he never stuttered on the r/t.I hope this helps!