Sign in to follow this  
Guest mb81567

I know this has been asked over and over Im sure

Guest mb81567

Hi AllOk I finally decided to dust off fs9 and try to start using itonline as I have been using fs2k2 for online flying. Now what I did was i got everything fresh concerning SB, I have registered Fsuipc (3.11) I have the newest version of SBrelay. I have the CSL files in a/c folder. I have no problems getting online atall and ive flown online with fs9 no major probs. Exceptone detail ,I see the a/c on TCAS but not on the gnd or in the air.I have the distance set to 40nm and still see nothing.I have read over all the tutorials and Ive gone to the Help sitesI followed everything down to a T. Im sure the problem is gonna come down to something very minor ( I hope). I have everything I need according to the tutorials. I dont have any firewallsrunning. I dont have anything running that has been mentioned to intervere. I know my system is more than enough.I will list my specs below. I was just hoping that maybe some-one might think of that one little thing that might be missing.ThanksMike Bsystem HP 80 gb hd 1.6 proc256 ram 128 mb radeon video ( latest drivers)

Guest MB327

Mike,If you have verified through all the tutorials that you have the software correctly configured and everything registered in FSUIPC, I am not sure what to suggest. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that another member will pop in here who is familiar with the problem you are describing with FS9. Are you getting the joined messages for 2002 and 2004 sessions in the SBRelay window?

Guest mb81567

Hi Mike Thanks for responding. One thing you said Im not familiar with. Are you getting the joined messages for 2002 and 2004 sessions in the SBRelay window?What does this mean ? Im not getting any error messagesat all. I am still using fs2k2 and SB as well they are stillon my HD. Is it possible thats causing a conflict ?Anyway this is so irritating, Im sure its gonna be somethingthat is very simple and that is being over looked. I sure hope someone can shed some light on this. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to post.As I said its probably soemthing simple Im just over looking.ThanksMike Bryant

Guest MB327

Having FS2002 and FS9 both configured on the same PC should be no problem.The part I mentioned about "joined messages for 2002 and 2004" is related to the narritive messages that appear in the SBRelay window everytime an aircraft is in range and is picked up by SBRelay. Those messages allow you to remove an aircraft if you need to. Everytime an aircraft is passed to (or removed from) the flight simulator program, there will be a message appearing. Are you getting those messages?

To be sure, let's run a short checklist (pilots love checklists):1. Start SBRealy, minimizes to the tray.2. Start FS9, position aircraft, complete flight planning.3. Start FS9 MP. You will be JOINing the SBRelay session, not HOSTing as in FS2002. The MP program will find the SBRelay session for you, you click JOIN.3. Start SBHost from the FS9 Module menu4. Start SB5. Start RW6. Connect SB using a known good IP address.If none of this is getting you there, perhaps a step by step from you on how you start up may help us see where to help you.Kyle Ramsey

Guest mb81567

Hey Kyle,Thanks a bunch guys. You may have pin pointed it with the joining the session instead of hosting. I will give this a try. I Have been so use to the Hosting part I completelyforgot to do that. As I stated before I figured it would be a small detail I was leaving out. Ill post later to let you guysknow.Mike Bryant

Guest mb81567

HI Guys Thank You , Thank You ! Thats all I know to say. I had only thought I had followed the instructions to a "T" .Im so glad I posted here. The one thing I missed wasthe 'join" not the "host" . I have been doing the Hosting thing for so long it just became a habit I guess.I said in my original post that I expected it to be a very simple detail I was missing and it was. Kyle , you was right, ""To be sure, let's run a short checklist (pilots love checklists): ""It was the check list you made that made the difference. I hope others will copy and paste that check list and printit out . Anyway thanks so much guys, now I can start to enjoy FS9. I will be checking out this forum more often now and maybe i can help some one myself.ThanksMike Bryant

Guest MB327

Good job nailing that one Kyle.Mike, I'm glad it is sorted out for you now. Enjoy your time on-line.