Sign in to follow this  
Guest skyman40

Cannot connect

Guest skyman40

Hi all,I'm completly new to online flying but i have this problem.i cannot connect to the VS-europe-c server. The message is: invalid callsign or password.i use the full registerd version of fuipc and i use the latest versions of sb and sbhost.i have assigned to vatsim this week, but i can file a flightplane and do a status chechk.can someone help with this problem?best regards.alex

The list of IP's that come default with SB are out of date.Go to vatsim.net, left menu bar. Under Network, click Who's Online?. One of the displays you'll see is a list of all the servers what are online and working. Choose from that list the one closest to you, cut and paste that IP into the SB field when logging in.You can also use ServInfo, another freeware add on, to update the SB list of IP's. Search the form for how to do that; it has been discussed recently.Let us know if this fixed it for you.Kyle Ramsey

Guest skyman40

hi,i looked on "who's online" but the ip's for the VS europe-c were the same. so i still get the cannoct connect message : invalid callsign/password.then i tried te vs europe-cw. it's based in frankfurt. voila i was connected to vatsim and so it happened that i made my first online flight this evening. I flew from eham-egss succesfully :-rotor best regards,alex :-beerchug

I to am a new guy here, and have all the software installed as instructed, and when I try to use any IP address that is listed in Servinfo 2.01, I get the error: The Specified Address Is Not Available From The Local Machine.Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried the IP's listed on the VATSIM Who's Online page, as mentioned above? Give that a try and see if that doesn't get you connected. Let us know.Kyle

Guest rcritz

This sounds like an internet configuration problem that has nothing to do with SB or other FS related software. That message comes from much "lower" in the machine.As for the VS-EUROPE-C problem, you may have an old version of the installer with invalid addresses in it. Please note that while to humans 137.056.042.018 and 137.56.42.18 appear the same, they are not the same to Windoze. The former is invalid, the latter is just fine. One version of the SB installer provided an ipaddr.txt that contained the former, invalid form of each IP address.cz

Guest skyman40

I copy the ip adres from servinfo into the connect window, but even then it says that i have a invalid callsign or password. I tried to connect to the UK-1 server and that also works fine. so i give up, i really don't know what the problem could be.best regards,alex alblas885599

I guess we'll have to wait for SB3 if it ever comes to pass. I wonder, are you trying to connect using a cable modem? I am, and have heard of some folks having probs connecting due to networking issues?Ken