Sign in to follow this  
Guest NWB009

Ok to fly super sonic with the Captain Sim F-104 ?

Guest NWB009

Greetings gentleman,So I have been flying the F-104, I think it's a blast, I flew from KDX to KEA in about 4.5 minutes.... at Mach 1.2Will it be ok for the controllers if I fly supersonic between cities like KSEA and KSFO, I am wondering if I will get vectored way out or be restricted to very high altitudesI have been flying on Vatsim for about two months now, and usually fly the PIC767 or Captain Sim 727 or PSS Dash-8, all of which are superb aircraft...

Sorry, supersonic flights over land are not allowed as far as I know, outside of the Spec Ops folks at IAMPSO (see Spec Ops link on the VATSIM main page, left menu).Kyle

Guest fturner

Supersonic flights are generally not allowed except within specific corridors over military operations areas. Even with that in mind, arrangements have to be made before hand with proper authorization. Even Spec ops have to do this and is not always approved.Gen. F. TurnerIAMPSO/IP