Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dan CYKA

Advanced Voice Client

Guest Dan CYKA

I have given AVC a try and here is what I like and don't like.The audio quality is much better.It is much easier to set up.It is to bad you have to log onto SBrelay to use it. I like to have my coms on my 2nd computer. We are not allowed to log on SBrelay twice.It would also be nice if you are using it, to be just able to tune in your freq.in your aircraft, and get whatever controller you need. As it is now you have to go out of your sim and log on to AVC to a different server.Now I may be doing some things wrong but the docs were not really that good at explaning just how to use it in VATSIM. Remember when you write your instructions that alot of us may not be very good at using VATSIM yet. Some things are still a big learning curve.Other then that I really like the audio quality. Seems to be much better then RW.

Hi Dan."It is to bad you have to log onto SBrelay to use it. I like to have my coms on my 2nd computer. We are not allowed to log on SBrelay twice."I

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

When you log onto the Internet check the Use Roger Wilco box, even though you are using AVC. That will link the software so AVC will track ATC changes in SB.Shermbtw, I was priveleged to be a beta tester for AVC...and I can tell you this software was given a very rigorous shakedown before the public Beta release.

...and I can tell you this software was given a very rigorous shakedown before the public Beta release. I do not doubt that one bit. However, I do think that one of the problems which it was touted to solve; ie the voice modulation issue is still present.I have used it myself, and I find out that I still have some controllers sounding way too low, and others rather loud.In most cases, everyone now sounds too low. To compensate this, I have had to turn down all the sliders in the sound settings page of FS2002. And then there is the one off pilot who almost deafens me when he transmitts. So this problem is still real.This is not to say that the program is not good by the way. Just stating what I observed.

I'm not a techie in any sense, but the issues you raise may be because not every flyer has adopted AVC. There are also variables in the way a person sets speaker volume level as well as other issues that will affect the results. I don't mean to be defensive, and I have no personal stake in AVC except as a user like you, but I have been using it for several months. And, note that it is still a beta, though now out publicly. IMO, it is heads and shoulders above RW. Like good wine, it takes a little time to develop...:-)Sherm

No doubt, it will develop with time. I am convinced of this as well. And there is nothing wrong with defending it. It is a big step ahead of of RW.I was actually doing a sort of survey with the ATC I connected with that night. All of them said that they had the new AVC.Now I do not know if they thought I was asking if they were using the new controller client program with the integrated voice, so there is no way I can validate my findings. The reason I was asking was to see if there was any using RW, and to see how that worked with the AVC. However the impression I got was that they were all on the AVC, and the low-loud saga was still present.The answer to this riddle must lie in the other factor you mentioned; the variables in the way the speaker andmic volumes are set.