Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfgiants13

Invalid Callsign or Password

Guest sfgiants13

Every time I try to log in to VATSIM via Squawkbox, it always gives me that same error message. I have had my same password the whole time I have been a member here. Even though it gave everyone new passwords, mine stays the same in password reminder. My callsign is usually UAL0987, or something close to that. I've sent e-mails to a few different people at VATSIM, and nothing has happened. What could be the problem?

Guest ielchitz

Hi there,Not sure what your name is but....1) What is the error message?Please write it down and post it here - thank you.2) Let's make sure you have the correct VATSIM password. Go to www.vatsim.net and click on LOST PASSWORD on the left side of the screen.Type your VATSIM ID# into the top box where it says "ENTER ID:".Click the "REQUEST STATUS CHECK" button.On the next page click on the first column where it shows your VATSIM ID. This is a hyperlink that will automatically e-mail your password to you.3) What server are you attempting to?4) Have you tried refreshing your SERVER IP LIST? The easy way to do this is to use ServInfo. With the ServInfo program, click on the "IP" button on the upper left row of buttons. A dialog box will appear. Save the file "ipaddr.txt" into your Squawkbox directory. Please report back here with answers to these questions so that we can help you problem solve.

Guest sfgiants13

On US1, it says invalid callsign or password. On the others it just never connects, it just tries to connect for about 30 seconds, then it sayd it never established a connection. I've already tried the above steps, and still nothing.

Guest ielchitz

Ok so the first error you are getting when you connect to US1 says "INVALID CALLSIGN OR PASSWORD".When you connect to the other servers it says "Never Established a Connection". I've never heard of that error. Would it be possible for you to write down and post here the EXACT TEXT of the error message?Before moving on to try other things - I'm going to go with my gut feeling here that your IP address list is NOT updated. I know that you say you followed the above steps - sometimes they can be a bit confusing.Let's try this:Make sure you Squawkbox is NOT running.Go to your SQUAWKBOX DIRECTORY.Open the file named "ipaddr.txt"Replace the contents with the following contents:152.104.96.225 ASIA-S200.223.140.250 BRAZIL-C137.56.42.18 EUROPE-C212.47.22.26 EUROPE-CE62.80.111.100 EUROPE-CW195.78.48.15 EUROPE-E2212.205.81.22 EUROPE-SE195.23.79.203 EUROPE-W210.15.254.125 OCEANIA80.249.98.88 UK-166.98.168.65 USA-S166.221.192.84 USA-S3208.224.174.24 USA-SE216.93.170.44 USA-WClose and SAVE the file.Open Squawkbox and try to connect to one of the server.Let us know how it goes.

Guest sfgiants13

It worked! Thanks for your help. I appriceiate it.

Guest sfgiants13

One last thing maybe you can help. WHen I sent a message, it always sends 2, one with my callsign, and one with my name, which is spelled wrong. How can I fix that?

Guest MB327

Nameless Giant's fan,Are you sending from the Squawkbox chat window or from an FS chat box?And what FS version?If FS9, are you hosting a session in SBRelay and joining it from FS9?Hang in there, it sounds like you are getting close now.(Good job Ian!)

Guest sfgiants13

FS9, I'm joining, but everything is now working. I asked a few controllers and they say I only send one message, so it might be I'm the only one seeing that.

Guest ielchitz

Nameless guy (who still won't post his name),If you are talking about seeing TWO messages in your MSFS Chat window this is normal. If you look at the SB window you will only see one message.

Guest sfgiants13

Thanks, it's taken care of. Sorry I haven't posted my name. It's Nelson, but it's a little late now.

Ok my turn lolI was on approach to LAX the othe rday and got disconnected right before my handover to tower. Well I tried then to reconnect and no go.I have tried several times each day now and cannot connect. I get the SAME error everytime. Strange too, I have never had any problems before. I have 2.3beta build 5, FS9, SBrelay 1.2 And followed all the steps you just gave him. I am stumped. And I have tried several callsigns...nothing works. I have tried EVERY server.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53480.jpgThanksGaryGary HayesPOSKY Aircraft Paintergary@projectopensky.comP4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

nevermind.....found out it was suspended indef. dont know why....but I email them to ask.Gary HayesPOSKY Aircraft Paintergary@projectopensky.comP4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.