Sign in to follow this  
Guest s.sousa

sbhost

Guest s.sousa

I just got fs9 and am having some trouble with windows 2000. I can not get sbhost to stay on top so I can see with fs window still open. is this not possible?any help would be greatly appreciated. Sean

Guest ielchitz

Sean,As I understand it, some changes were made by Microsoft starting with MS2002 and continuing with FS9 that will not allow SB to be hosted within the MSFS window. That is why the SBHOST program must be run with SB now. It's really not a problem (for myself) to flip between the two window when the time is needed (I run in windowed mode).However, there is always HOSTSB.DLL. This is another "module" that should go in your modules folder. It creates a window within FS to "host" the Squawkbox program, so you won't need to "jump" to an outside window. Place this file into your FS2002/FS9 > Modules folder. When you start FS2002/FS9 for your next VATSIM flight, go to the Modules menu item on the top of the window. Select "HostSB" and "Run". An empty gray window will appear. When you tab out and launch Squawkbox, it will now run inside this window, which will always be accessible from within FS2002. Rumors persist that this program slows down frame rates. This is not true, and probably most Squawkbox users have adopted this method for running SB. The program does not "do anything" other that provide the window space. It takes no CPU cycles. If you find your system operating slowly with this program, almost certainly the problem lies elsewhere.Download it from AVSIM.NET - search for HOSTSB.DLL.Hope that helps.

Guest Joline Zijlstra

well, i've been trying to use sbhost integrated in my fs9, but it doesn't work. I select rn in the menu, and after that i start up squawkbox. Then it goes wrong...windows gives an error(don't send, send....u know that) and squawkbox quits...HOW DOES THIS COME!!!!!@Has anybody experience with this?!!Thanx for replyingRuben de Ruiter

Guest Fjorko

I have the same problem - if i launch it from within FS9, i get the Windows XP "Sorry for the inconvenience" error, but it does work if i launch it outside Fs9.Anyone have any ideas why ?

Guest ielchitz

Ruben,Hi there - I'm not understanding you completely. Are you using the HOSTSB.DLL file or are you using the SBHOST file?A good idea might be for you to check out the new VATSIM PILOT RESOURCE CENTER which has a huge section on the software we use on the network.http://VATSIM.NET and look at the top and on the left for the PILOT RESOURCE CENTER. It is simple to sign up and you get instant access to 95% of your questions.Please let me know which file you are using and also if you find help in the Resource Center.

Guest ielchitz

Pieter,Are we talking about the HOSTSB.DLL software or the SBHOST program? I really wish someone would have named them differently to avoid confusion.

Guest Fjorko

HiIt is when i try to use the "Hostsb.dll"(HostSB within Fs9) that i placed in the modules folder of Fs2004....i do everything according to the tutorial, but as soon as i hit the "Let the FUN start"...well let me put it this way - Xp starts it's own fun with a "sorry for the inconvenience" error message that has to do with the "user32.dll" file i.e it crashes me out of SB.BUT...... if i use the EXTERNAL HostSb it all works OK ?But i wanna use the "dll" version so i do not have to come out of Fullscreen mode :)Cheers

you also need at least fspuic 3.0 for fs to be able to link up wtih SQBX and ancillary software. As was said elsewhere, go to vatsim.net and read the tutorials. It's a steep learning curve, but well worth it.ShermN3534 on Vatsim.

Guest Fjorko

HelloI am STILL unable to run SBHost using the MENU within FS2004, i can open it fine , but as soon as i try to run Squawkbox to connect to vatsim i get an error message on my screen....what am i doing wrong ?Please HelpI am using the DLL file by the wayThanks

Guest troytunes

>Hello>>I am STILL unable to run SBHost using the MENU within FS2004,>i can open it fine , but as soon as i try to run Squawkbox to>connect to vatsim i get an error message on my screen....what>am i doing wrong ?>>Please Help>>I am using the DLL file by the way>>Thanks I get the same thing using the .dll host in fs9 on WinXPpro but here's the kicker...the SECOND attempt has been working so far...I dunno...So TRY->CRASH->TRY AGAIN-------------c'mon, squawk3...

forgive me if this is already known or too obvious, but you should make an entry in fs9.cfg as follows{oldmodules} sbhost.dll=1NOTE: THE FORUM DOES NOT DISPLAY THE LOWER CASE BRACKETS. USE THEM, NOT THE CURLICUES THAT SHOW ABOVE.Sherm

Guest ielchitz

Guys,I'm really sorry that I can not provide any further clues to the problems with the .dll file. My personal experience with the .dll has never been successful either. I found that my sim crashed from time to time - and that running the module affected my simulator's performance.As a result I have always just used the SBHOST program provided with Squawkbox. Although this requires me to switch windows when switching ATC frequencies - it has never bothered me.There are MANY MANY MANY people who have successfully used the .dll file. If you are unable to get the .dll file to work, you might have to use the SBHOST program as a solution until we see what options are available with the release of SB3.Hope that helps.