Sign in to follow this  
Guest 767simfan2

Interested in trying VATSIM. . .need quick and dirty help to startup.

Guest 767simfan2

VATSIM,Can anyone give me the quick and dirty on how to get set up in order to use VATSIM with FS9? I keep hearing about SB, RW, AV, ServInfo. What programs do I really need? I'm interested in trying VATSIM using real voice ONLY. There's no way I'd be able to fly my sim and type out sentences.As a background, I did check out the on-line tutorial some time ago. It only refered to FS2002. Plus, it was VERY long. Can anyone help me with a quick and dirty on what I need and how to get started? Any help will be sincerely appreciated. Thanks.

Guest 767simfan2

Martin,Thanks for the link. Apparently, SBhost is used to connect to the VATSIM network. Now what should I do? How do I file a IFR flight plan? Can VATSIM be used for VFR radar following? If so, maybe a local airport VFR flight following would be best to start out? How do I find controllers and speak to them via voice? Thanks.

Guest ielchitz

Hawkman,I suggest you go to VATSIM.NET and take a look at the resources that are under the GETTING STARTED section. Pay close attention to the "Unofficial VATSIM FAQ" - if has a lot of great info.There is a lot more content for new members under development at this time - focused on people just like yourself who are full of questions and possibly confused by many things.Until that resource is available - try the info I mentioned above and of course feel free to post your questions here on this forum.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440