Sign in to follow this  
Guest awacs1234

SBRelay Problems

Guest awacs1234

Hello ! I have been recently trying to install SB Relay for FS2004, I have win XP.. I have followed the "easy startup guide" that is linked through vatsim's website but I cannot seem to be able to figure it out. I was first wondering there the FS9.cfg file is located on my system, I looked for it in the fS9 root directory but I could not locate it. (i am trying to add

Guest MB327

The FS9.cfg on Windows XP/2000 is located in X:Documents and Settings(user name)Application DataMicrosoftFS9There is a SBRelay README file in the SBRelay download which contains a section that must be added to the FS9 config file. We have a step by step tutorial for setting up FS9 in the VATSIM Pilot Resource Center (PRC). Look for a link to the PRC on the vatsim.net home page. Go there and and create an account. The FS9 setup tutorial is VATSIM 103d.

Guest awacs1234

THanks for the response.. I found the FS9.cfg file.. Now I have another problem, I start SBRelay, Connect to via multiplayer is FS 2004, Then I open SB, After I click to join the session I get a error "Failed Enumerating the Hosts" in SBRelay,, ERRG, Anyone know now whats wrong?thanks

Guest awacs1234

Hold that thought.. It gives me a error the first time then the second time it works..Sorry guys, The next problem i encounter is when I go to file a FP, It says "you are missing the file : csl_icao.csv" "Aircraft will not be shown properly". Do you guys know where to find that file or what I did wrong?one step closer.

Guest awacs1234

Here is another problem.. After I connect (I get the message from the vatsim servers that i am connected) I cannot see any ATC in the ATC box, i know that there are controllers connected in the area that i am in, Also when i type any messsage i get a message to download FSUPIC , Well i already have a registered version of FSUIPC.. so whats with that (version 3.04)thanks

Guest ielchitz

Awacs,It does not sound like you have setup and configured your SB and MSFS properly. I suggest that you go to the VATSIM.NET pilot resource center and follow the tutorials there. Not only were they set up to help people get setup in an easy step by step manner - they also include a FAQ that will answer many of your questions.If you can't find what you are looking for there - or still have problems, then let us know.

Guest awacs1234

I have already looked at that.. i followed its instructions, I still have the problem of the flight plan error (as stated earlier), and when i see ATC on the ATC list i click them , i receive their ATIS but when i transmit no one responds (its probably not sending it) I am also not able to see any other aircraft. Please help. awacs

Guest awacs1234

Does anyone know how to fix these problems ^^^. I still cannot see any other aircraft connnected to the network, I know that I am connected because I see the VATSIM message at the initiation of the connection. I also can not input a aircraft type in my flight plan without getting a error message. The last problem is that when I click on a ATC Controllers freq I revieve their ATIS but I can not communicate with them, the text messages are simply not sent. Please help me, I would like to get onto VATSIM :)Thank You.

Guest ielchitz

Awac,It sounds like things are not set up properly. If your csl_icao.csv was not found then SB was not properly installed. I suggest that you uninstall and delete it. Then download and reinstall it again. I really suggest that you start the vatsim setup from scratch again (including downloads) following the setup guides from the PRC.I also suspect a problem between your FSUIPC and SB. I seem to remember quite often that people could connect to the network and see ATC online - but could not send any messages due to a misconfigured or non existent FSUIPC.Confirm:Windows XPFS9Please specify:Internet Connection TypeAre you behind a router?If yes - what ports have you opened?What server did you connect to (Server Name and IP please)Are you starting SBRELAY before FS9?When you create a multiplayer session in FS9 are you finding the SBRELAY session and joining it?Are you running SBHOST or HOSTSB.DLL?What exactly are you entering for info while starting up SB (ie are you joining a session while starting SB).Hopefully we can figure this all out so you can get on the network.

Guest awacs1234

Ok.. now it seems to work, The only problem left is the csl_icao.csv which does not let me select a aircraft type.Confirm:Windows XP >YesFS9 >YesPlease specify:Internet Connection Type >CableAre you behind a router? > Yes, Linksys BESFR41If yes - what ports have you opened? >Proper ports are openWhat server did you connect to (Server Name and IP please) USA s-1 (it works now)Are you starting SBRELAY before FS9? >YesWhen you create a multiplayer session in FS9 are you finding the SBRELAY session and joining it? > Yes.. I am NOT hosting itAre you running SBHOST or HOSTSB.DLL? > Yesthanks

Guest ielchitz

awac,Glad to hear things are starting to work now.Go to the VATSIM.NET website and under "PILOT SOFTWARE" select "Common Shapes Library for Squawkbox". Download the two files there and follow the instructions.The CSL2k2beta1.zip file should be unzipped into your aircraft folder in fs9.The CSL_ICAO.ZIP file should be unzipped into your SB folder.That should fix things for you.Let us know how you make out - we're all cheering for ya.Hope that helps.