Sign in to follow this  
Guest BK1

Help please - AVC expires!!

Guest BK1

When I started AVC today, I got a message warning me that the program expires in 2 days time. There is nothing on the AVC website to indicate whether it is to be released fully, or the open beta extended. I know it is to be incorporated into SB3 in due course, but does that mean we all have to go back to Roger Wilco in the meantime?:-hmmm Does anyone know anything?Bruce.

I don't have any inside information, but I was one of the beta testers and my suspicion is that the public test will be continued, either with an improved version, or the existing software...btw, from my experience in private and public beta, there has been a progressive improvement. With the latest software interation, avc has been just about perfect on my system. now, if we can only get the Squawkbox software improvement, vatsim flying will be even better.Sherm

Guest ielchitz

Bruce,Sherman is correct. The original Beta download was only planned to be good until 12/31/03. You can download a new version of the beta that will expire at the end of January (I believe). They are hoping that in February the application will go gold but as there are many facets to the release of any software application - nothing is certain.I am positive that the VATSIM folks won't leave us out in the cold - and will continue to issue beta versions to all of us until the day comes when it does go gold.Download an extended beta version at http://www.vatsim.net/voice/avcHope that helps.

Ian,Do you know if the currently available version will overwrite any settings on the existing AVC, will you have to go through the whole install and register process again?Thanks

Guest ielchitz

Dave,Sorry I do not know. I'm sure it is something they have thought about. Chances are it will just be a new .exe we can download and overwrite the current.AFAIK VATSIM will make an official announcement about AVC on their website at http://vatsim.net before the current version runs out.

>Ian,>>Do you know if the currently available version will overwrite>any settings on the existing AVC, will you have to go through>the whole install and register process again?>>ThanksWhenever a new beta was issued during testing, as I recall, existing settings were carried over.Sherm

Guest rcritz

It is just a replacement executable. You replace the old one with the new one. There is no installation procedure or anything else of the sort and no settings will be lost.cz

All installed, after initially d/loading the full version instead of the update - duh.AVC opens OK with existing settings but being New Year's Eve will not be able to test until tomorrow.Thanks Richard and team.