Sign in to follow this  
Guest viktord

FMS help!

Guest viktord

Hi all. Newbie here. The FMS window doesn

Guest ielchitz

When you say it does not open fully do you mean it opens "SMALL" or you can not see it at all?If I remember correctly - once you have opened the FMS window (F Key) you can grab the sides of the FMS window within SB and resize the window vertically and horizontally (but not from the corners performing both sizes at the same time).The same should hold true for the TCAS in SB. Quite annoying was the inability to drag the TCAS around - so you generally have to resize it across the screen which simulates moving it.Once you have your FMS and TCAS set - there should be no need to resize them or move them again.Let us know how it goes.

Guest viktord

Thanks for the reply.What I mean is that it opens in correct size but a lower part of the FMS window doesn

Guest ielchitz

Viktor,You can resize and move the FMS window within the SB window.Could you include a screenshot of the problem you are having? That would really help out.Thanks.

Guest viktord

I can move the FMS around no proplem but there is now way I can drag it out to its proper size...when I move the mouse pointer at the edge where it should change into arrows up and down for resizing, it doesn

Guest ielchitz

Viktor,Thanks for posting the Screenshot. Just a shot in the dark here - have you tried clicking the little tiny button to the RIGHT of the EXIT button? It switches between small and expanded view.In any event - I think your best bet might be to just modify your Squawkbox.ini file. This should be located in your WINDOWS directory. If not then please search for it.You can open this file in notepad to edit it - I've included the sizing section for the FMS straight out of my own .ini file. Hopefully this will solve what must be an annoying problem for you:[FMSWINDOW]WINDOWLEFT=-2WINDOWRIGHT=408WINDOWTOP=189WINDOWBOTTOM=459WINDOWLEFTSMALL=63WINDOWRIGHTSMALL=323WINDOWTOPSMALL=205WINDOWBOTTOMSMALL=420Let us know how it goes and good luck.

Guest viktord

Worked like a charm! I only had to use the regular window numbers where as the small one always opened in its correct size.Thanks a lot for all the help!