Sign in to follow this  
Guest tg272

A Few Questions Similar to Those Asked Below

Guest tg272

1) Connected to everything properly. When I try to connect to a server I get a callsign not on the server yet error, even if I don't have AVC or Roger Wilco running.2) I have used two callsigns, so am I to understand that these can never be used again since I might have inadvertently removed them from SBRelay?3) Assuming I can get logged onto a server, say US-1, can any controller whose current server montior status is different than US-1 control my flight? IOW, if I'm logged onto rw.avsim.net for AVC or RW do they tell me to switch FS servers or are they monitoring most all of the servers I might be on?4) When I check in and report flight plan on request, I should do so with whom if there is no GND/TWR/APP at my origination airport?Answers to these will get me going up to full speed as I have many years of atc-controlled experience, both real and simulated.A big TIA.....Bart

Guest ielchitz

Bart,1) What server are you connecting to? What is the IP address? Have you updated your IPADDR.TXT file? What is the exact error message you are getting?2) You can use callsigns over and over. It does not matter if you removed them from SBRELAY.3) The servers are all networked. During normal network performance the communication between servers is seamless.4) It depends on the area but the positions go from DEL, GND, TWR, DEP/APP, to CTR. If there is no one on you should depart on UNICOM 122.80.Some of your questions are covered already in the VATSIM Pilot Resource Center. I urge you to spend some time reading the information there - http://vatsim.net Look on the left menu bar under PILOT RESOURCES.Hope that helps.