Sign in to follow this  
Guest 767simfan2

I GIVE UP ON VATSIM!!!!

Guest Agrajag

>60,000 users can't be wrong.Oh really? And you've spoken to all of them and they've told you they don't want it improved and don't want the feature being discussed? You speak for them do you? >I also think you haven't fully grasped some of these programs.I've been in software development my entire career (more than 20 years) with most of that being in game development. I think I have a pretty firm grasp of software, thanks.>FSnav is not "lousy software"What's with the quotes? I never suggested ANYTHING of the sort. FS Nav is, in my opinion, a fantastic FS add-on that provides some truly useful and amazing features. I just feel that it can still improve and listed a couple of things that would make it a more complete program for ME and some others who have posted the same opinions. That you have used it and don't have a problem with it is immaterial to the discussion. That's great! Enjoy. These enhancements you mention wanting are clearly unlikely to show up if you don't say anything about them in the appropriate forums. That's ALL I did here. On your last point about writing my own software, stick it. That's about the biggest cop-out put forth in any such discussion. Just because someone writes a piece of software does not mean that it gets a free pass with regard to comments or suggestions. If the author really wanted that, and I have NO DOUBT that he does want feedback of all types, then he should have written the software and not released it to the public. Putting it out to be downloaded, and more to the point, purchased, goes hand-in-hand with allowing for comments, suggestions, criticisms, etc.

>What resources do the controllers use to determine the plans>they give back? Clearly they must be trained to do it a>certain way so it should be somewhat repeatable.The chief responsibility of Air Traffic Controllers is to maintain a minimum separation between aircraft and to organize and expedite the flow of traffic. In addition to that, and time permitting, controllers provide vectors and additional assistance to pilots. Now in the case of VATSIM, ATC is presented with a unique issue. Unlike the real world where pilots are required to have a core competency in order to fly their designated aircraft, simpilots are given near 100% freedom. Because of this, VATSIM controllers work to get a sense of each pilot

>All,>>I will start off by saying "THANK YOU," to all that have>passed help along my way. Unfortunately, I have not been>successful in my attempts to use the VATSIM network. I have>spent more time trying to get this to work than I have on any>other program I have ever dealt with.How far have you gotten in getting it running?

Guest Agrajag

>You've come along way in a short time, sir. You're a sharp>guy. Be sure to help out others who are looking for a hand.Absolutely will be helping anyone who I can. I've already helped out a few people get started on VATSIM (this from someone who clearly thinks it can be improved ) and do as much in any forum I'm on when possible. Thanks for understanding. I'm not suggesting any of these things are bad or poor but they're not perfect and I'm choosing to comment on what I believe would help to make them even greater than they are.