Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Question to Controllers: Preferred Callsigns for Private, Executive, and Factory Birds?

In the VatSim listing, I am overlooking the preferred callsigns in VatSim for the following:1. Private Aircraft. I have been useing the manufacturer's name (i.e. Piper, Cessna, Beech, etc.) but am not sure this is correct or what controllers would prefer. All I usually see in ServInfo listings are the "N" numbers.2. Unnamed aircraft such as experimental?3. Executive or Company Aircraft?4. And my most applicable, Factory or Demonstrator aircraft: (For example, one of my favorites is a factory Boeing 717. I have deferred to the American Airlines model (AAL) to be sure I concur with the VatSim listings, but would really prefer the factory model. Is it permissable to use a "Boeing XXX" call sign for such aircraft, or do controllers prefer another? I seldom or never see such call signs in use when I examine ServInfo.I realize private, Executive and/or factory might also apply to the same bird from a physical standpoint.Just trying to be politically correct.Thanks:RTH

Guest ielchitz

RTH,I'll do my best...1) Private aircraft go by the tail number ie - N123TL in the USA. However - ATC will often call you by your manufacturer or type along with your Tail number ie - Beech 3TL or Skyhawk 3TL.2) No idea.3) Go by the Registration number (same as 1).4) Go by the registration number (same as 1). ie - if you were flying a Boeing 767 and were logged on as N123TL I would probably refer to you on radio as "Boeing Three Tango Lima".Hope that helps.Ian.

Thanks Ian:Looks like I have been doing something that is acceptable (to you at least). I appreciate your input.RTH