Sign in to follow this  
jc_150

Duty times for controllers

Hi all at VATSIM and the forum.I have been using FS for some time now and have ventured into online flying with Vatsim only recently. I follow the login procedures and although "as advertised" its not easy, it does work and the frustrations are worth it when all goes well. So to the point of my post. To get myself set up to a position where i can log into the system without wasting everyones time ie a decent flight plan and weather sorted etc takes me on average over 30 mins. When I look at server info and try and plan a route where there are controllers, by the time i am ready often the controller has logged off and it just spoils my flight a tad. The ATC detail window is a great help from server info and some controllers will type a line on there saying their expected "coverage" time. Could i respectfully ask other controllers to do the same please as it would enhance my experience with you no end, knowing if i get my finger out and produce my flight plans on time i will have controlled airspace etc. I also notice that on VATSIM UK, where i tend to start from, controllers will book their times accurately, but this is often for evening sessions and i can plan my flights around these, but this post is about when i want to do a quick unplanned flight and would like to know how long a controler is going to be online for as i plan my flight. Apologies or rambling on.John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Hi MartinMany thanks for your reply, and as you suggested I was not aware of Eurobook...well I am now, and it is stored in my favorites..so maybe I can venture even further, never tried a europe flight yet.john Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg