Sign in to follow this  
GetStill

Getting VATSIM to work through firewall

Go to the SBRelay web site for a discussion on routers and firewalls and what you can and can't do with them. I have mine off during SB sessionsYou guys need to remember we're kind of way out on a software limb with the current config. We first got SBHost to trick FS2002 into letting us have the SB window inside FS, then we needed SBRelay to trick SB and FS MP into thinking FS2004 is really FS2002. This far out on the limb, this will continue to be tough for us all. We all hope and pray for the health and energy of the SB 3.0 team in bringing us back off the limb where we're not dependent on so many patches. In the mean time, I'm thrilled the patches exist or we couldn't fly with FS9 at all. Thanks for the tools, guys!Kyle

I get the message from SBRelay that UDP port 6073 is in use. I have opened the port in my firewall settings, but it still gives me that error. Everything works with the firewall turned off, but being on cable I don't like to leave it turned off.

Guest MB327

No problem, I purged them.Good post Kyle!

I figured it out. I had manually added the port to the firewall, but it seems SBRelay adds it for you. Looks like it didn't like having duplicate entries.