Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shayt

SB weird problem!!

Guest Shayt

Hello fellow simmers.Lately, I encounter a very strange and annoying problem: Occasionally (and this is the most frustrating thing since it really makes it hard to point the problem) when trying to connect to VATSIN. First let me describe you the procedure I'm running:1) Open SBRelay, 2) Open FS2004, 3) Start FS multiplayer, 4) Open SquawkBox Host, 5) Run SquawkBox.Now here things start to go wrong. In 10-20% of the time, everything goes well and I can connect to SB without problems, see and hear everybody and everything is fine. HOWEVER! More and more, after clicking the "Join" in the SB dialog box, nothing is happing for 15-20 seconds and then I receive a DirectPlay error message saying "Unable join the game". But that's not all: After I'm closing the error window and the SB dialog box, I do get the SB entry window (the one with the airport picture or something similar) and after clicking its lower bar I do get the dark SB window and I can do the rest of the SB connection procedure! I can see myself in ServInfo. I can hear and talk to ATC but I can't see any other A/C nor I can't see their connection info in the SBrelay screen. It's like I'm hooked to SB but SB doesn't connect to the multiplayer session. Very Odd IMO!Did anyone encounter this phenomena before? Doe's anyone have any clue of solving this problem? I'm using Win XP and connect to the web through ADSL modem and router. All the router ports are open (by enabling DMZ) but I also tried to connect myself directly to the DSL modem with the same results.Guys, I'm really frustrated. ANY help/hint/suggestion will be welcome.Thanks in advance,Shay

Guest fspilotguy.tk

Check your Direct X version, you need 9.0b FS9 will install 9.0 unless you tell it not too.There was an error in the direct play code in direct X 9.0 that Micro$oft has since fixed.

Been there, done that! Believe it or not, making your computer a DMZ within the router won't help you on some makes. Get into your router's advanced features and disable Universal Plug and Play(UPnP).I've had the EXACT same problem and that fixed mine right up. Using a DLink Wireless router.

Guest Shayt

Dave, thanks for the hint. I do have the latest DirectX 9.0b.Wrenchca, you are an angel ! THANK YOU! I disabled the UPnP in my router (D-Link 614+) and its works! I don