Sign in to follow this  

Flamers Forum

Matt and / or Tom...Many "Fellows" seem to have the habit liking to flame Forums insulting the hard work or members. In general this isnt liked very much, especially when it gets personal and is unreasonable ....Why not offer them a playground ? ( course they might not use it )But maybe theres a possiblity for "Moderators to "bin" flame posts in such a forum to keep their forums clean for the intended use..not sure about the technical issues of this forum software it is at all possible but this way those "fellows" might get the "attention"or not but they dont bother anybody but the moderator :)Just an idea - maybe not a good one - but at least one to consider a secondsuggested Name ... "Flamers Prison - topics in the bin"

Hi Dirk,sorry, that will never work ;-)The 'real flamers' only get their satisfaction from upsetting others that behave 'normally'. So they will never just enter their posts in a forum that's inhabited by others like themselves.Having said that, 'real flamers' are 99% of the time taken out very quickly by the AVSIM staff and moderators.That then leaves people with a 'strong' opinion and perhaps not the most polite choice of words to voice that opinion. Well, these are 'discussion forums' so differences of opinions are normal and allowed. As long as things do not get out of hand in terms of politeness and legality of course.Personally I feel that AVSIM has by far the best track record of all public sites of keeping its forums clean and tidy. With the help of our readers of course.And if you really feel bad about a certain post, you can always press the button below the message to draw our attention to it in case we missed it (we cannot read all posts of course ;-) ).Best regards,Francois_______________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Hi Francois,yeah, said so (it might not work)otherwise why shouldnt the "flames" be read...Strong opinions dont neccessary need a harsh language, dont they ?Some people just seem not to be able to express otherwise and I really think they shouldn't be silenced.This way the "Flamers Prison" could be a place where they can be put ...But it was just an idea...nothing moreBut sometimes things get out of hand...as with the POSKY againand we really dont like to lose some of our favourite freeware justto the ignorance of a few...dirk

Guest The Ancient Brit

Dirk: I like your idea of a

LOL !!!! Wrinkly's have expanded levels of tolerance from our side as well Denis !!! :-lol :-lol ..And besides.. all posts in this particular forum are scrutinized by one of the administrators before getting posted anyway ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Hiwww.x-plane.org has a flaming forum. It's called "The Woodshed" and from what I see it works quite well. There are no moderators there and a flaming post is moved there and people duke it out in there. Some are actualy funny to read as they flame each other. When a moderator moves a post there he leaves a message saying "Moved to the Woodshed".You probably know about this but I thought I would post it anyway.Take careMike

The woodshed idea is a joke!! I have been a member of the forum therefor 3.5 years and its changed hands 4 times since then. When the decisionwas made to open the Shed it was more a less a benifit to a moderater there that had a hard time keeping his posts and replies clean. Muchof whats said there has no place on the web. Flamers Forum is right!!Don`t kid yourself about one working because those who start flamesrarely are near the forum they belong in. I think Avsim does a great jobwith as much traffic as this gets in controling the trolls!!Keep up the great guys,Jim

Well, probably time for me to say something on the matter of this subject. :-)As some have already mentioned here, those that come to the forums to flame people won't think twice about posting in whatever forum they want whether we have a flamers forum or not. So there would still be the administration of monitoring all forums for it which we already do. So a flamers forum wouldn't really make my job easier as I would be the one moving or deleting the flame posts.The second point is that I really have no intention of sending the message to anyone that flames are welcome anywhere in the AVSIM forums and creating a flamers forum would be condoning that behavior.

Sounds to me like you got yourself a case of trolls here.