Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dan CYKA

Seeing the guys true colors

Guest Dan CYKA

I am on VATSIM, my buddy is on VATSIM, so are the other 4 or 5 guys that fly as a group. We all have the same planes in our files and the same discriptions, textures etc. So why do we not see them as they really are in their proper colors? All we see is those stupid CSL planes.

Hello Dan,it depends on which plane the player chooses in the aircraft type selection menue in the Squawkbox flightplan window. If a player chooses "Boeing 737 series" he will be seen as the standard green CSL Boeing. If he chooses "Lufthansa B737 series" instead, others will see the player as a Lufthansa B737.Yours,Martin Georg/EDDFVACC-SAG PR & Events Coordinator *** mailto:sag11@vacc-sag.orghttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...r=SAG01&a=a.jpg

Guest fspilotguy.tk

You can create your own CSL files, but I understand it can be a pain. Check out the site for the new version of SB that is in the works, this is to have a much better way of doing this.www.squawkbox.ca just don't ask when its coming out :)

>You can create your own CSL files, but I understand it can be a pain.This would be contraproductive. Remember, the way you see other players depends on THEIR squawkbox settings, not on yours. This will mean if you make your own CSL enhancements and select YOUR CSL aircraft from your squawkbox flightplan, all others will not recognize you and will see you as THEIR plane.The only solution would be an OFFICAL CSL extension pack which EVERYONE should install and use. And something like this doesn

>The only solution would be an OFFICAL CSL extension pack which>EVERYONE should install and use. And something like this>doesn

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest Agrajag

Scott, I've tried getting pai-sb.zip a few times with no luck. Can you post a link where you know this file is (assuming this is the file you're talking about)?

Search in avsim file library for pai-sb.zip.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Hello,>Martin,>>There are a couple of extensions. There is VIP2 and another>one that I cannot remember the name of. Also, I recently did>an extension that uses the Project AI textures. However, only>about 400 downloads to date. We need VATSIM who could>advertise it to the pilot community by sending an email to>everyone with links to the files.Ah, I should be more precise. As long as you only alter or exchange existing models in the default CSL set, everything is fine. As soon as you change aircraft identifiers in the CSL_ICAO.CSV file, the problems start because the squawkbox used by the other participants cannot identify these aircraft correctly (as the others don

>>You can create your own CSL files, but I understand it can>be a pain.>>This would be contraproductive. Remember, the way you see>other players depends on THEIR squawkbox settings, not on>yours. This will mean if you make your own CSL enhancements>and select YOUR CSL aircraft from your squawkbox flightplan,>all others will not recognize you and will see you as THEIR>plane.Not only this, but if Im flying as my PMDG 737-700 and 3 people have done this... there are suddenly 4 instances of the PMDG 737-700 aircraft being drawn in my sim... well, trying to be anyway. the system hangs and I have to reset the computer. VERY VERY annoying on final approach, both to me who doesn't get to complete my landing, and the the controller who sees me simply disapear 3 miles short of the runway with no radio contact to tell him why, because my computer is just dead. Even more annoying when ATC was saying an instruction, his audio loops so you get "Virgin 282 Cleared t- Virgin 282 Cleared t- Virgin 282 Cleared t- Virgin 282 Cleared t- Virgin 282 Cleared t- Virgin 282 Cleared t- Virgin 282 Cleared t- Virgin 282 Cleared t-" untill I hit my reset and reboot the system. Fun.>>The only solution would be an OFFICAL CSL extension pack which>EVERYONE should install and use. And something like this>doesn