Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Servinfo 2.02 gauge problem

Hi,Have installed the ServInfo 2.02 gauge in my PMDG 737NG panel but get an error messsage saying "Could not open the selected file!" whenever I try to change voice channel using the "TUNE" button on the gauge and when checking AVC the voice channel has not been changed...Have no problem changing voice channels using the "ATC Directory"-function within "SB Host", so as far as I can tell it appears to be a ServInfo gauge problem - anyone seen this problem before?TIA,

Richard Åsberg

Guest MB327

Make sure, in addition to adding the gauge entries in your panel.cfg file that you have placed the servinfo.gau file in the main Gauges directory. Well on second thought you must have done that or you would not have gotten as far as you have.Are you using WideFS by any chance? If so, there are settings that must be made on the ServinfoOptionsGauge Settings Menu. Verify your path is set correctly and you have the correct buttons selected.Other than that, I don't have any suggestions.

HiNo, I'm not using WideFS and I've checked everything you mentioned about the path, the location for the gauge file etc. Wonder if the problem might be that I'm running AVC (Advanced Voice Client)? Noticed in the help for SI that they only mention Roger Wilco and Team Speak. Or would it be a problem that I'm running FS2004 and not FS2002?Think the gauge and the functionality it brings is great, so it's a shame I can't get it work as supposed :(Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest MB327

Don't give up on this Richard. The SI gauge works fine with AVC. AVC will even launch for you on your first selection of an ATC frequency. You have some other issue that I can't even guess at this point.Let's see, you must have communication established so that the SI gauge is displaying the ATC channels in range. My only guess at this point is that you may have upgraded SI to 2.02 but did not upgrade the gauge along with it. If I remember correctly, the new version came with an upgraded gauge that also needed to be copied over to your FS9/Gauges directory to overwrite the previous gauge.

Hello again Mike,Gave it another try this evening but to no avail, still same message popping up in the background saying "File not found" when I ALT+TAB out of MSFS to Windows. AVC is launched OK as you say if it's not already started and everything else is working just fine but this change of voice channel. The radio freq is changed and I see all different channels in the data window and they are updated OK when I press the Data button. Wonder if it could be what you suggest that I'm running an outdated version of the gauge file. My servinfo.gau file is version 1.2.0 when checking it's properties in Windows Explorer and the size of the file is 698

Richard Åsberg

This is the error message I get every time I press the "Tune" button. When I press it, I hear this lovely little "pling" sound in windows indicating something got wrong and then when I ALT+TAB this is what I see...

Richard Åsberg

I'm sorry but that's exactly the file I'm already using. The date equals the date I have on my servinfo.gau file.Wonder if there is a homepage for ServInfo, maybe they have some kind of support or FAQ there? Found an URL in a textfile in the ServInfo directory, but that URL seemed to be obsolete because it only gave me a "Page cannot be found" error.What I find really strange with this problem is that I get the feeling I'm the only one suffering from it. Must be quite a common setup to use FS2004-AVC-ServInfo together. Could the problem be that I'm flying a PMDG 737NG? Haven't tried installing the gauge in any of the included default a/c:s in MSFS - maybe that would be an interesting thing to try?Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest MB327

Richard,I sent Michael Frantzeskakis, the author of ServInfo, a note to see if he might visit this forum again and offer a suggestion for you. Give him a couple of days and check back here.

Additional info to my problem...Have tested the gauge with another panel (the default Boeing 747 in MSFS) but still the same problem so it's not a problem with the PMDG panel in particular.Also noticed that changing voice channels using ServInfo's trayicon (ATC Facilities within range) works just fine, so the problem seems to be with the gauge - not ServInfo in itself.Still find it strange if I'm the only one ever experienced this problem considering I don't run anything but standard programs, but lets hope Michael Frantzeskakis has a cure for this or at least might have a clue what the cause of the problem could be.

Richard Åsberg