Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul_W

Did someone notice- all the ratings have disappeared no

Guest Lizardo

Haha, Mike, "don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." :-) Haha, don't need a calculator to have a keen grasp of the obvious. :-) "dirt or air??..let's send it to the chemist!"hahahaha.

I worked for a company once where the motto was "Wherever you go, there you are." I think they meant well, but I used to roll about the floor laughing whenever I heard it. I still do; but their intention, I think, was to make their staff aware that they represented 'The Company' at all times and should remember that in their behaviour and conduct.Those ratings usually told more about the poster than the postee. Good and bad. You are what you say. Wherever you go, there you are ... dang, now I've said it too. However, I'm upset. I had one from Heather. That might have been worth a fortune one day.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontP.S. Tom, Francois, you have my full support; you have enough to do without having to police the occasional idiot who contributes to these forums.http://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Thanks all for the comments.... as much as we regret having to do this, we appreciate your support.... and opinions ;-)In case you missed it, here is Tom's anchored post about it over in the Hangar Chat Forum : http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...D6&viewmode=all :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest Scott Campbell

Just as well, my ego was getting too big. ;-)(23 ratings, 43 points ;-))

Yeah, just in time !!! You were catching up onme buddy !! :-lol :-lol(Now ya'll know the real reason we took it down !! ;-) ) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest gasebah

Very well expressed. I am with you 100%. It also benefits to the way people interact with each other. That btw is one thing I absolutely appreciate in this forum (in real live I am a lot more rude:-).Alex

Guest Paul_W

I didn't know there was abuse going on, but I'm glad to see the star system has been dispensed with anyway. I didn't participate in it because I believe these kinds of peer rating systems don't work, and are subject to subtle misuse and exaggerations even if there's no outright abuse going on.I'd have to agree totally with what Mike Stone has said in his last two lines above. If someone contributes something informative and constructive (even if you disagree with it), and does so intelligently (as Mike himself always seems to), then the reader recognizes it. If that person continues to do it, then the reader recognizes and appreciates that pattern and may from time to time offer some genuine appreciation of those contributions. In short one comes to recognize who has something valuable to contribute, and from my perspective that didn't always correlate with what the star system seemed to indicate.