Sign in to follow this  
victorlima01

Ok to simulate emergencies?

Hey all, I'd first like to use this post to thank all of you virtual and real-world controllers out there who help spice up virtual pilots' lives. I recently flew with an uncle of mine and he let me handle some of the radio communications. You could see how impressed he was with my profficiency (considering I'm only a student pilot so far) and that is thanks to ou guys and vatsim. But now let me cut to the chase: Is it ok to simulate emergencies while flying with VATSIM? That would encompass all sorts of emrgencies, from Engine failure to cabin pressure loss to hijacks to birdstrikes. BTW, aren't there appropriate squawk codes that are to be used in such cases? I have a particular hobby which is to get myself in a jam and try to get myself out of it (in the virtual world of course). My next step would be doing that stuff in a virtually controlled airspace, but I'd like to know whether that's acceptable behavior. Thanks for your time guys. Cheers, Victor

Guest MB327

The controllers always appreciate a thank you. They put in hundreds of hours to become as proficient as they are and they do an outstanding job just for the fun of it.As to your question about emergencies, it is easiest to quote from the VATSIM Code of Conduct B-8. I can't sum it up any better than this:"Pilots are permitted to declare in-flight emergencies. If, for any reason, air traffic control requests the pilot to terminate the emergency, then the pilot must do so or log off of VATSIM. Pilots are not permitted to simulate a

Thank you so much for the quick response Mike. Next time I'll research a bit more before posting questions that have already been answered py the resource center. Cheers, Victor