Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kowch

Issues with Squawkbox and FS2004

Guest Kowch

Hello Everyone!I'm having a little issue with Squawkbox 2.0 and FS2004. I've followed the tutorial on getting FS2004 online (using SB and SBRelay) and I've gotten on once before. However now when I start up, SB gives me an error window when connecting just stating that it's going to shutdown and log file is being created. (This is using the Run --> HostSB.dll from within the FS)I can (however) get things running if I used the SBhost.exe file however this is less than desirable because I have to continually switch windows to be able to use SB. I've gone and rebuilt my computer from scratch this weekend (something I've been meaning to do for a while) but this continues to happen. I know SB3 will (hopefully) be released soon, but in the meantime I'm having problems figuring this one out. Anyone else run into this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!-Bill

Guest Wizard

HI! I am using SBHost and do not have to switch windows. I did have the problem at first but switched some files around ? and now it works fine...except that I only see other a/c on tcas otherwise I can not see them even if the are next to me. I do think it is a location of file issue ? even with your problem. Never had the probs with other version and many a re-install?I did create a problem by copying and pasting a file to -directory- instead of extracting...soany help appreciated!!??

This sounds more like an issue with your multiplayer setup. Next time you log on to Vatsim, go check the SBRelay page to see if it has added your aircraft and those of any other players. Make sure you check Servinfo so that you start in an area with other players. Let us know what you find. I'm betting your aircraft will be listed but no others. How is your computer connected to the internet? Straight to a modem or on a network(router)?

Guest Wizard

Hi. I am connected by ethernet hub to a second system, mine primary...hmmmm...as far as the other info you have posted, I will try it and let you know. I have disconnected the second computer connection from the hub at times for trouble shooting, but made no diff?!MB

Guest Wizard

I see my ac and all info on Whazzup. It is there from start to finish?????MB

Back to basics. You are starting and using SBRelay first? Are you joining(not hosting) a multiplayer session within FS2004? It sounds like SBRelay is not connecting properly with Squawkbox and FS. You didn't say how you are connected to the internet, straight to a modem or through a router? Routers have been known to cause balding due to hair pulling. :-hmmm

Guest Kowch

>This sounds more like an issue with your multiplayer setup. >Next time you log on to Vatsim, go check the SBRelay page to>see if it has added your aircraft and those of any other>players. Make sure you check Servinfo so that you start in an>area with other players. Let us know what you find. I'm>betting your aircraft will be listed but no others. How is>your computer connected to the internet? Straight to a modem>or on a network(router)? I'm connecting to the internet via cable. I do have a Linksys Cable/DSL router.My problem is different however. I can't even get SB to start. The error I'm getting is:-----Program Errorsquawkbox.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.An error log is being created.OK------If I follow the same startup procedures, but use SBHost.ext (instead of the .dll) I get on fine but don't have the SB within the FS.Hope this clarifies things a little.-Bill

I know this may sound too simple to be true, but are you starting Squawkbox from a desktop icon? There have been reports that it may not start properly in this fashion. Next time try starting it from the Start/Programs/Squawkbox.exe route and see if that is what is causing the grief. Also, you may want to dump your Host sb.dll and reinstall it, an outside chance it may have a problem.Hope this helps