Sign in to follow this  
Kyprianos Biris

AVC & Norton Internet Security (firewall)

I posted this on the AVC forum but got noone with the same problem.http://www.cjserio.com/vc/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=366OK its about the "going to sleep" problem. It is not an AVC issue but a Norton Internet Security (NIS) problem acting on AVC. I am on WinXP SP1 FS on main PC (198.160.0.1) All the rest on second PC FS on main PC (198.160.0.2) Both PCs have WinXP , NIS and connected with a crossover cable to their LAN cards. Network was setup properly via the TCP settings of the LAN connection and both PCs see both properly. Master PC shares the ISDN64 Internet connection to the other one. In order to have SBRelay seen on master PC NIS need to be set to LOW security setting but that's fine with me. NIS on BOTH PC's is configured to keep open the ports needed for our online activities. I have even made a separate rule just for keeping open (local & remote) port 3290. Still though AVC seems unable to route via this port and uses a range of 1026 upwards (1028, 1029, 1030). Every few minutes I loose reception and only after I transmit once then it will change to next port up and start receiving again but only for a minute or so. Then I will loose again reception until next time I press transmit upon which it will change to next 10xx port up. Funny thing is that it remembers last port used each time and even on another session (i.e. the next day) it will start from the last port it had used the previous time.Has anyone with NIS mastered this problem ?I do not want to through away NIS and move to Sygate or Zonealarm firewall and AVG antivirus as I've seen on other posts. I would like to solve the problem with NIS if possible. In a few weeks I'm getting ADSL (that the modem acts as a router and has its own firewall) and I get a headache only with the idea of the settings I'll have to do for AVC and ASRC voice to operate properly. Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vateud.org/images/vatsim-eurs.gifhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

I don't know if this the answer that you expected but personally I open all ports TCP and UDP to AVC. Since NIS as program control and I believe that there isn't any possible exploit in AVC I think I'm fine.I use a firewall but don't have a lot of faith in it. Rather prefer keeping the updates and using a small program called BoClean.Jos