Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

Which card do you recommend as sufficient for this syst

I have the Gigatyte 7VRXP KT333 motherboard, Athlon XP 1800, 2x 256 DDR and a western digital with 8 mb in cache and 7200 rpm runnig on XP and ofcourse FS2002. Now the question is which video card to get that will be sufficient and not to much nor be a bottleneck for this system.Regard

I would get a GF3 TI500, PNY or Visiontek. You can get a GF4 TI4600 but to tell you the truth you won't see much difference between the two.My buddy and I have the exact same system except for the video card. He has the GF4 TI4600 and I have the GF3 TI500. Smae exact image quality only he gets 2 fps better....2 fps, whoopty doo! lol2 fps certainly doesn't justify the extra cost to me!Here is my system specs:XP2100Soyo Dragon Ultra mobo.768 MB PC270030 GB Maxtor HDGF3 TI500 PNYSound Blaster Audigy GamerCable connectionWith this system I have my fps locked at 35 and hardly ever drop below 28 fps with all settings maxed.I bought a TI4600 when it came out and returned it because the performance increase was so minimal it wasn't even noticable. In fact when I bought mine I tried it with every Det. driver I could think of and ran tests for hours on end and finally just said screw it. The performance increase was just plain not there. Certainly not enough to constitute the extra cost!Hope this helps you out :)If you have any other questions feel free to post them here and I'll try and help you out.Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest flightpro08

Wait for nVidia's new card, NV30, to come out. It'll be released this fall.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 29.80 WHQL Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 10346