Sign in to follow this  
Guest d809dp

ASRC and AVC freezing problem.....

Guest d809dp

I'm absolutely at my wit's end with this one... some problems are a bit annoying. I like a bit of tinker with my computer as the next man, but this one's no longer funny! :) I've been trying to get into controlling with ASRC and I've given up on that since it started crashing after a few minutes of being started. It just froze every time as it took up loads of the CPU. Having given up on my future career as the saviour of our congested skies, I decided to dive back into my little airbus. Everything went fine, until I logged on and AVC opened. After a few minutes, the CPU usage went up to 97% or so, and the whole machine became extremely slow. This was very similar to the ASRC crash. This makes me wonder if there might be some kind of conflict between the two (ASRC and AVC)... but quite what it might be, I don't know. I don't have AVC open when I'm using ASRC, because I know that ASRC has it's own 'internal' voice program. Hope someone can help! Let me know if you need any information. Tom Specs: ASUS 1.8Gz, 32 Mb NVidia TNT Graphics Card, 512mb RAM, WIndows XP

Guest zip

Depending on your sound card, it may be that you have a full duplex problem, especially if it only happens after you receive or transmit.Unless i'm mistaken, ASRC and AVC use the same voice libraries, so it would make sense the problem occurs with both.Not sure this is on the mark, but with the voice programs I've used in the past, including the old roger wilco and even the new teamspeak), here's a laundry list of things to try. Perhaps one of these will help:- change from DirectSound to wav in the settings box for voice (or vice versa)- make sure that DXDiag runs all tests and passes- get the latest drivers for your soundcard- visit windowsupdate.microsoft.com and get the latest patches for your operating system- ensure you run the latest version of DirectXHope this helps, good luck!

Guest d809dp

Thanks for your help. I've tried that and the problem is still there but improved. I now avoid the crash, but have very "stuttery" speech after about five minutes. Is it possible that my sound card is simply incompatible? C-Media "CMI8736"... any suggestions?Thanks again for your help - I really appreciate it.Tom

Guest Karlok

I have the some problems here, but then only for ASRC, AVC is working fine.Sometimes ASRC freeze a few seconds after connecion, very frustrating because I already asked pilots to contact me in my airspace and then ASRC freeze to have force end the application. On the other hands, sometimes I can control with ASRC an hour long without problems.I still using ASRC 1.0, maybe the problem solved when upgrading to 1.1, but the downloads are still unavailable due a hardware fault here on avsim.