Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW843

SBRelay keeps crashing

Guest BAW843

Hi All,Is anyone else having this problem? After flying online for maybe 10 minutes all of a sudden SBRelay stops working, Task Manager is showing this as "not responding" and occasionally this freezes FS all together.It happened to me last night while flying in the USA Vatsim event from Boston to JFK, just on final into 4R and SBRelay stopped working. (very frustrating indeed) !!I have followed various other posts in different forums but I am still having this problem.Any help would be very much appreciated.ThanksPHIL

Guest 737400

same here,after 10min i connectsbrelay it crashes

Guest BAW843

anyone able to assist at all?

Guest NickLivans

Don't bother waiting for help. I posted on this same topic last October in this forum. No one has an aswer even the SBrelay guy who tried everything to help btw. Other people just say use the PRC, but this is not a connection problem. It is an SBRELAY problem. Even the IVAO client freezes the same way. we will just have to wait for SB3.Nick

Guest 737400

I think i may find a problem, but dont know how to fix it?When i host a multiplay session it self with out sbrelay and sb,it works, opens a session but i can not disconnect the session that i opened, FS9 hangs there freezes. i try to run a test from dxdiag directplay test and dxdiag also hang there. I reinstall dx, still same problem,It is funny that even tho sbrelay freezes, sb still adds multiplayer planes to my fs9 chat window, the only thing you can not do is use chat window fs9 chat window but you can use sb always.the anoying thing is that everytime i fly online with sb because you have to use sbrelay, you can not shut down fs9 proper way after you done flying.see if you can test your mutiplay session, open host then try to close.

Guest BAW843

Yep I have exactly the same problem as you have described. In fact the problem is getting significantly worse, cannot fly for more then 5 minutes before SBRelay crashes ????But the whole thing is bizarre as I can still complete a flight, just cannot see any other online traffic, or use the chat window box to send any messages etc. but can use the external SB window no problems.I attempted the multiplayer idea and yep the same again. I have been flying online for quite a few years now and I am certain that this is connected to SBRelay, but it is funny because I used to use SBRelay with no problems it is only in the last 3 months or so that the problems have started.CheersPHIL

Guest dweese

What are you guys running for a firewall? I know there was some progblem with this when FS9 first came out, no one could get passed Norton or McAfee's firewalls. I use Zonealarm from Zonelabs.com its free and is easy to setup.Other thing you can try is if your running HostSB.dll, try SBhost.exe that comes with SB, will not be able to run full screen mode but you will be able to run.Other things to check, and these may sound dumb but work some times. Make sure your Direct X version is at 9.0b nothing lower, happened to me, I installed a game for my son and it loaded Direct X 9.0 on me with out asking and screwed me up for a few days.Other things just your video card's web site for new drivers. This was a problem with ATI cards last fall.

Guest NickLivans

I'm using Zonealarm, SBhost, and DX9.0B. UPnP is disabled, and ALL ports needed are open.........I hope SB3 fixes all this!

Guest dweese

Hopefully SB3 will, as we will be back to the 1 program operation like we had in FS2000. Remember that it was great :)As for your problem, sounds like you've tried most of what I can suggest, the only other thing you can try is to shut down thinks like MSN, scaner/printer controlles, video card managers, and so on.Other thing you can do is go to your start menu and on the run line enter msconfg on the start up tab take a look at what is starting on boot up of windows. See what you can remove from start up, try to free up some system memory.What have you got for a computer?

Guest NickLivans

When I start my PC the only things that load are Explorer.exe and zonealarm, and all the system apps that are needed by win xp and the T1 connection. My PC is a PIV 3.2(hyperthreading off) 1 gb ram radeon 9800xt 256 mb....all my other online games work fine. I guess there is a conflict on some systems with SBRelay, and it'll be hard to find. Anyways thanks for the help!

Same here :((Can't find a solution for SBRELAY crash after 5 mins or so.. I think it's crashing when a player goes of the multiplayer range. Can't enjoy with my new 737-800 on VATSIM :(

Guest dweese

Have you tried using the FS9SB2MP over SBRelay? http://www.ivao.org/data/files/software/FS9SB2MP.zipIt works the same, and some people have had better luck with it. If you can't get it to run, then there is some thing on your system that is causing the problems. Most likely its you firewall or anit-virus. Some out of date video drivers for ATI and n-vidia caused this problem last fall. Both have new Direct X 9 dirvers on there sites.If your running Norton's firewall, shutting it off will not work, as it really does not shut down, you'll need to uninstall it to really get rid of it. Go with Zonealarm, it works great for FS

Guest 737400

Good news i find a solutionreinstall whole fs9, i here is how to do it. Let me tell you sbrelay crash has nothing to do with firewall or connection problem, it just happens, no one can figure out. You also make sure uninstall everything relate to fs9,sb sbrelay etc. from regedit including fs9, also if you are using Xp make sure to check your computer(adminname) defult computer and all user computer folders( go to your c drive and documents and settings here they are each folder all user, defult user and adminstrator folder, make sure to get in each folder then find microsoft folder then fs9 folder delete all.)this happend to me after uninstall complete fs9 there was still fs9 folder left.>Thank you for contacting Microsoft Online Product Support. My name is Vinay >and I will be helping you today with the issue in Flight Simulator 2004. > >As I understand, there are issues with being able to play FS2004 after >installing a third party add-on for the game. It is seen that the game >freezes from time to time resulting in the game not being able to be >played. > >Julio, I can understand that this issue has resulted in you being unable to >play the game. Let me try my best to help you out with the issue being >noticed. > >If the issue is being seen even after uninstalling and reinstalling the >game, it is possible that this issue is being caused because of some of the >third party programs not being removed properly from the system. This is >because the third party add-on will basically utilize some of the game >files r >esulting in the game not being removed completely from the system. > >I do understand that you have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling >the games. However, I would request you to try these steps once more using >the steps given below and check if this helps. > >Let us proceed in the following manner: > >1. Remove all third party software for FS2002 and FS2004 from the system. >2. Remove FS2004 and FS2002 from the system. Delete all folders related to >this game. >3. Reinstall each game to a separate folder on the system in clean boot >mode >4. Test the game in both single and multiplayer games and check if it works >properly. > >The steps given below are quite long and you may wish to print this >information before trying it on the system. > >Please remove the programs like Squawkbox for FS2002 and the programs >downloaded from Vatsim.net and other programs like the Roger Wilco software >which are installed on your system. Please use the control panel to remove >these programs from the system as this will remove all files used by that >soft >ware on the system. > >After removing these programs please proceed to uninstall and reinstall >both FS2002 and FS2004 in separate directories. Please use the steps below >to do this: > > >Uninstall and reinstall FS2004 to a new directory >--------------------------------------------------------------- > >Step 1: Uninstall FS2004 >--------------------------------- >1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. >2. Double-click "Add or Remove Programs". >3. In the list of currently installed programs, click Flight Simulator >2004, and then click Change/Remove. >4. Follow the on-screen instructions to completely uninstall the program. > >Step 2: Delete the Flight Simulator folder >----------------------------------------------- >1. Remove the FS2004 CD from the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. >2. Click Start, point to Find, and then click "Files or Folders". In >Windows ME/Windows 2000, click Start, point to Search, and then click "For >files or folders". >3. In the Named field (or "Search for files or folders named:") type >"Flight Simulator 9" (without the quotation marks). >4. In the "Look in" box, click My Computer. >5. Click to select the "Include subfolders" check box. >6. Click Find Now or Search. >7. Right-click the Flight Simulator 9 folder, click Delete, and then click >Yes when prompted. >8. Close Find Files or Search window. > >After this, open the My Documents folder and delete the folder named Flight >Simulator Files if this folder is present. This folder stores the saved >games in FS2004. > >Step 3: Clean boot Windows XP >-------------------------------------------------- > >From the system information it is seen that there are many programs that >are run in the background. These programs may prevent the game from being >installed properly. Clean booting the system allows us to make sure that >none of the other background programs interfere with the game. This is >because >a clean boot will not load any of these applications and will prevent these >programs from interfering with the game. > >NOTE: You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the >Administrators group in to complete this procedure. If your computer is >connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from >completing this procedure. > >1. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in >the Open box, and then click OK. > >2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup and then clear all of the >subsequent check boxes except Services. > >Note: You will not be able to clear the Use Original BOOT.INI check box. > >3. Click Services tab, click Hide All Microsoft Services and then click >Disable All. >4. Click OK, and then click Restart to restart your computer. > >For more information on the advantages of clean booting the system, please >refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article below: > >331796.KB.EN-US Games: How to Perform a Clean Boot to Prevent Background >Programs from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...KB;EN-US;331796 > >Step 4: Clear the temporary files folder >------------------------------------------- >To do this, use Disk Cleanup Manager. > >1. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click >Disk Cleanup. >2. Choose the C: drive and click OK. >3. In the Files to delete window, make sure Temporary files and Temporary >Internet Files is checked. Be sure to un-check any other boxes that you >don't want to cleanup. >4. Click OK. > >Click Yes to complete the operation. > >Since the temp folder is used while writing the files to your hard disk, >any corruption in the files in this folder may cause the game installation >to get corrupted. > >Step 5: Reinstall Flight Simulator to a New Folder >---------------------------------------------------------------- >1. Insert the FS2004 disk 1 into your CD-ROM or DVD drive. >2. Click Custom Install. > > NOTE: If Setup does not start automatically, follow these steps: > > a. Click Start, and then click Run. > b. In the Open box, type the following line, where is the > drive letter of the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive: > > ":setup" (without the quotation marks) > > c. Click Finish. > >3. Select Custom Install and click Next. >4. Click Yes if it prompts you to install Acrobat Reader. >5. Click Folder. >6. In the Path box, delete the existing path, type the following line > > ":Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9" (without >the > quotation marks) > > where is the drive on which you want to install Flight >Simulator 2004, and then click OK. > >7. When you are prompted to create the folder, click Yes. >8. Choose the Complete installation, click on the Install option and follow >directions on your screen to install the game. > >Test the game after installation in clean boot mode and check if it works >without any issues. > >After testing the game we can boot the system normally using these steps: > >1. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in >the Open box, and then click OK. >2. On the General tab, click Normal Startup. >3. Click OK, and then click Restart to restart your computer when prompted. > >Please let me know if these steps helped to resolve the issue being noticed >in the game. > >If you have any doubts or clarifications in this regard, please feel free >to mail me, I will be glad to be of further assistance. > >I hope that I was able to help you with this information and will look >forward to your response. > >Thank you again for using Microsoft Online Support! Burakhttp://www.flythy.com/images/banner.jpg

Guest NickLivans

I saw that exact post about 3 months ago, and I did everything step by step.....guess what.....it DOSENT work.