Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW843

SBRelay keeps crashing

Guest 737400

Sorry to hear that, well it worked for me

Guest BAW843

Hi,I am very relunctant to follow this procedure simply because I have no end of FS9 third party add-ons which to install of these again could take a very long time indeed and apart from flying online I have tweaked FS9 to a very good performance for my pc, remembering all of that again would be a nighmare.However the SBRelay problem is increasingly getting worse and I am running out of patience (maybe SB3 will be released in the not so distant future)?Thanks for your post, maybe my last resort is to un-install and start from scratch (dough) .....Phil

Hi Guys,I changed FS2004 MP connectin port from default to 12417 and voila! SBRelay doesn't crash anymore after a player removed from session.Unfortunately this system only works without a firewall, I tried it with both Winxp firewall and Zonealarm pro, results was negative. It's a small compromise but I think firewall issue can be solved, any ideas?

Guest Ronson2k

Couldn't you just set up the firewall to allow the servers to pass through like you do for some cookies? Or can't that be done?No doubt about it...Ronson2k

Guest dweese

Yup and that is what you have to do, but not sure if a firewall was the problem here.

Guest BAW843

Hi All,Unfortunately I am still having the famous 'SB Relay' freezing problems, tried most attempts at fixing the problem available on the net but cannot seem to find one applicable to helping me out???Maybe the easiest option is simply to wait for SB3 to enter into our lives !!cheers guysPHIL

Guest dweese

Ok look for some new video drivers your card has some problems at one time, new ones came out just before christmas.Try FS9SBMP over SBRelay download it sets up the same way. http://www.ivao.org/data/files/software/FS9SB2MP.zipHave you looked at the setup doc for FS9 on the Vatsim Pilot Training site?www.vatsim.net/prc its Vatsim 103d. This is most likely a problem with some other program running at the same time. If you have Norton or McAfee running they can and do cause problems only fix is to uninstall them.IF still no luck Phil drop me a line on MSN d_s_weese@msn.com and maybe we can meet on-line and go over this some more.

Guest BAW843

Hi Dave,Thanks for your assistance...Doesn't FS9SBMP only work on IVAO and not on VATSIM?Yep checked all the documents on the pilot resource centre, everything is set up correctly?I have uninstalled Zone Alarm and am now using KERIO Personal firewall which for the first 10 minutes of online flying today seemed to work no problems at all, then the fatel 'Freeze' !!not too keen on MSN so that may be a little difficult - Not entriely certain what else I can look at or amend to make this work apart from wait (and that could be a long time, not a dig at the Joel) for SB3 to be released?any other ideas would be appreciativecheersPHIL

Guest dweese

FS9SBMP will work on Vatsim with no problems, it was what we all used before SBRelay came out.

Guest BAW843

Hi Dave,fast reply, impressed - thanks !!what do I need to do in order to get FS9SBMP to work, I have downloaded it this afternoon?Is there anything I need to alter, or simply hit go !!Are you in the UK?PHIL

Guest dweese

>what do I need to do in order to get FS9SBMP to workUse it the same way you would if you were running SBRelay>Is there anything I need to alter, or simply hit go !!Nope, just go>Are you in the UK?Nope, Canada, about 150km east of Toronto on the shore of Lake Ontario

Guest BAW843

Doh !Unfortunately it worked for about 5 minutes and then no new players were added and consequentely all traffic that was visable to start with just kept in the same place. Checked with controller online and it was confirmed it was probably a 'ghost' i.e. the a/c had previously departed but FS9SBMP must have crashed and left the a/c at the end of the holding point ready to depart?Any ideas anyone what now??????CheersPHIL

Guest dweese

It sound for sure like some other program running on your computer is causing problems with FS and SB.How do you connect to the internet?

Guest BAW843

>It sound for sure like some other program running on your>computer is causing problems with FS and SB.>see below>How do you connect to the internet?>via NTL broadbandI may have found a break through at long last, I have been having trouble with the XP firewall I could never turn it on or off always received an error message about sharing on the network, so I trawled through the internet last night looking for the error message which related to the ICF - (apologies but cannot provide the exact error right now but will post at a later date) and eventually managed by the following procedure to turn it off and on without any problems:-START > RUN msconfig I noticed that on the start-up tab there was a box unchecked called Telephony, once I ticked this and re-started I could then switch the internal XP firewall on and off (voila) !!I will fly online tonight and test to see if this is the breakthrough to all my online problems .... watch this space and could be time for :-beerchugRegardsPHIL

Guest BAW843

Hi All,Unfortunately the above did not work in the way that I had hoped !!I did however manage to fly online but only for about 2 minutes before SBRelay crashed and back to my same old problems ??So any more help or suggestions out there please .....ThanksPHIL