Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW843

SBRelay keeps crashing

Guest dweese

Ok the WinXP firewall must be OFF. Did you read this?http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay/help.htmlAs well you have to open these ports in your router/firewall6809 for Squawkbox6703 for SBRelay1900/6073/23456 for DirectPlayThese are just a few ports, you may need to open more. Check with your router maunal and find out if your router creates a log file or what ports programs where trying to use.

Guest BAW843

Hi Dave and All,At last I think I have made a breakthrough and it was in the settings of my KERIO firewall, I needed to set up a new packet Filter which would allow SBRelay to use port 6703, I then attempted a brief flight online and it all seemed to work ok?As I said I was only online for around 15 minutes but no crashes when new players joined the session, they even appeared for the first time on TCAS in the PMDG 737-800 which was a nice sight.Also unticked the XP internal firewall, not sure if this helped or not?So hopefully I am up an running, will fly over the weekend and report back...Cheers for your help Dave :-beerchugRegardsPHIL

Guest NickLivans

Did it work? :)

Guest BAW843

sorry for the delay guys, I have been away on business for a while and also still unfortunately having all of the above problems?This is turning into a real nightmare as I cannot complete a online flight without SBRelay crashing, therefore freezing all online traffic that is visable? - roll on SB3.Anymore suggustions out there to assist?CheersPHIL

Guest dweese

Ok been so long on this one had to go back and read a few older post.Did you read this?http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay/help.htmlIf you have Norton or McAfee uninstall them, only sure way around it.If you have downloaded SP2 for WinXP its firewall is now a little more friendly and I got it to work no problemsMake sure you us SBHost.exeNot really sure where else to go on this one, the fact that you can get online and start flying kind of tells me your setup is right.Try this one as well, don't start the mutli-player, when SB asked you for the MP info when it starts up, select no Mutli-palyer. Maybe its something when some on trys to join your MP session.

Guest N629MN

Though I have yet to have a problem with SB or the other sim SW, I have had problems with other programs crashing due to spyware stealing ports.I now use this product called Security Task Managerhttp://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/index.htmlIt will tell you exactly what is running on your PC. I was VERY surprised to see that I had ports opened by programs that I didn't install. It's well worth the $29US IMHOAlso, You might just want to try using a very low level (800x600)graphics card that uses native MS drivers just as a test. I have had my share of crashing due to video drivers/hardware Hope that helps.

Guest BAW843

Dear All,Apologies but been away for a while, I have finally fixed this problem that I was previously getting with SBRelay, it was all down to Zone Alarm, I uninstalled this a 'voila' everything has been fine since.Now FS Skworld has been released and Active Sky FS9 has never looked and played better including online !!Thanks for all your assistance with the aboveCheers and RegardsPHIL

Guest VOZSean

PHIL,Glad you fixed your problem, but what about those of us who dont run a firewall fullstop?I dont use Zone Alarm.. and still have this problem *sigh*Sean.

Guest VOZSean

PHIL,Glad you fixed your problem, but what about those of us who dont run a firewall fullstop?I dont use Zone Alarm.. and still have this problem *sigh*Sean.

Guest dweese

Sean, this post is getting too big to remember your problem, email me at d_s_weese@msn.com with your problem and I'll see what I can do