Sign in to follow this  

Some Help for someone who doesnt know much (about FS200

Hello fellow Simmers.Despite the topic title i've been using FS for years, but never really started downloading 3rd party planes,textures etc till about a couple of months ago. I've recently decided to make FS even more realistic by adding new textures for AI planes using real companies liveries and as well as adding real flight plans for the AI planes. Well at least thats the idea.I use Project AI for my AI planes, using their autoinstaller. I've also installed AFCAD, AITM, and TTools, they seemed quite important as i here about them all over the forums but dont really know how to use them. I've downloaded all the companies available from Project Ai's download page. Once i installed them i started FS2002. I chose Heathrow to see if any of the AI planes had changed to their new textures. Some of the new planes were there, Virgin Atlanta and Air France, but British Airways didnt appear and am sure many of the other dont work either. The new AI planes that do work seem fine though the airports seem a bit sparse. I've seen pics of airports littered with planes, at terminals, on taxiways and on runways. [http://forums.projectai.com/htdocs/dcforum/User_files/3d5d14ab084ca5ca.jpg][http://forums.projectai.com/htdocs/dcforum/User_files/3d5d14d2084ca565.jpg]This is what am talking about. :)I need help, as i already think i need to reinstall FS2002 because its in such a mess. Cheers

Guest flightpro08

I see a British Airways 737 in that last shot. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 29.80 WHQL Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 10346

That picture was an example.I tried to use AFCAD to update an airport in San Francisco, KSFO. The Zip file i downloaded contained overlays (at least tahts what i think they called), i followed the manual. Then started FS2002. I went to the Airport through the menu when it came to selected it there were duplicates of it but i slightly different name e.g KSFO, 2SFO, 3SFO, 4SFO. is that right?