Sign in to follow this  
Guest estevesm

VATSIM connection problems in FS9

Guest estevesm

Hello!I installed all the necessary software to fly FS9 connected to VATSIM (following the instructions on the pilot resource center). However, when I try to connect I usually get a "connection forcefully rejected". What does that mean? I checked my user id for validity and it seems to be ok.Please help! I want to fly with real human ATC! :-)RegardsMarcelo

Guest schmidtrock

Hello Marcelo,If this is your first connection since installing SB one thing comes to mind. When selecting the server, do not use the ip addresses that appear in the drop down box. These addresses were default server addresses from way back and are no longer working. Go to the vatsim site or fire up servinfo and check the server ip address for the one closest to your geographic location. Write it down or cut and paste into the server connection box in SB and you should get in after that. One more thing if this is the first connection since installation, you will have to file a flight plan first before it will let you connect.Regards,

Guest schmidtrock

One more thing,Be sure your SBRelay is running and you have connected FS9 multiplayer to the SBRelay session before trying to connect SB.Regards,

Guest estevesm

I thought I used the IP addresses from vatsim.net website, but I'll double check today when I get home.This will be my first connection to vatsim.net in FS9 so I'll make sure I file a flight plan (I think I overlooked this step).Thanks for the help!!RegardsMarcelo

Kevin is right..I had the same issue... I downloaded Servinfo 2.02.BTW.. Servinfo tool is real cool... read up on the user manual for this.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter