Sign in to follow this  
Guest lalo lolo1

I am having problems getting connected to Vatsim

Guest lalo lolo1

Yesterday I was going to do another flight and I seemed not to get connected to Vatsim. Since then I have tried several times and it keeps on happening the same.This is quite odd, since I did everything I always do since I must have flown more than 30 times using Vatsim. When I connect to Vatsim I get the blue message in Squawkbox saying I am connected, but i never appear in Servinfo (maps, pilots connected or anything), although Servinfo says it is updated. Other than that I tried not using Activesky to see if I get Vatsim weather and I don't get it either, and finally what's telling me that definitely I am not connected is that when I close Squawkbox, it just closes without asking me to get disconnected first (Sqwbx has always asked me to get disconnected before closing the program).I haven't changed anything in my PC settings, except that I set a better screen resolution for FS, but I had flown Vatsim since then a couple of times with no problem.I can't fly out of Vatsim, please HEEELLLP.Thanks,Leo

Guest dweese

What version of FS are you running, if its FS9 sounds like SBRelay is not running or is not making a connection. Make sure you start SBRelay after you log on the internet. May be a good thing to try an other server for SB as well.

Guest lalo lolo1

My FS is 2002, so it is not something related to SBRelay. Anyway I have a friend who is a controller and he told me that what happened last night was that for some reason Vatsim split and showed only those logged n the same server you were. Also Servinfo only showed only one server information. This makes sense because to check if I was connected I moved myself from one airport to another and in KLAX I got someone that joined in my session.I only knew this after I uninstalled and reinstalled sqkbx. Now the problem that I have is that no server accepts me, not even the Brazil one I always get connected to, and I get an error message saying I was timed out. Any ideas about this new problem.Thanks,Leo

Guest dweese

Update your server list like I suggested as the on that comes with SB may not be up todate.