Sign in to follow this  

C-17 Panel

What C-17 panels does everyone use? I have recently become interested in the C-17 & would like anyones suggestions on a panel & aircraft. Thanks!

Guest flightpro08
They offer a great C-17 panel that's made in GMAX. You can find it under Downloads---->Panels.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:members.cox.net/santracon/home|SAN TRACON Homepage] [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 29.80 WHQL Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 10346

I use the PSD one above....it's done in GMAX by a Russian gent and is very nice. Since I've been on the C-17 program since '87 (and have helped a number of developers) I'm a little partial.I'm not aware of the one you speak of Mark...since the name mentions the Galaxy (C5) I dont think it appropriate. C-17 has a much more modern Glass Pit then any C5. Also the PSD one has a working Hud. He's supposed to come out with a First Officers panel soon also....Edit...found Pauls...this is the file: c17pan02.zip From the Pic I like the PSD one better, but Paul's is worth a look....

You also mentioned an interest in the aircraft itself. Not sure if that was a mistake or not, but go here for the aircraft: http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/aircraft3-view then click on the FS Projects button on the left side of the web page."Learn from your parents' mistake...use birth control."(I M A UCLA) BruinAddict *:-*DemetriousAsus A7V266 MBAthlon XP 1600+ (@ 1.53)512MB PC2100 DDRVisionTek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti 4400 (Detonator 29.42 WHQL)NEC MultiSync E1100+ 21"SoundBlaster Live! Platinum 5.1Cambridge DTT2500 Desk Top TheaterWestern Digital 7200RPM ATA/100 40G HD (Primary)Western Digital 7200RPM ATA/100 40G HD (Secondary)300W PSUWindows XP Professional (Both drives - Multiboot)DirectX 8.1("I am humorous and well versed in the subtleties of everything pertaining to nothing." - BA)

where can i get a good c-17?nw1.gifTim Quayle Northwest Virtual Airlines et al - MSP

Er ... Timq, don't quite see how you can be asking a question in reponse to an answer ... but the POSky C-17 is one of the best.JET ... you should try it. I think you'll like it, and it's reasonably accurate in my view having seen the real thing.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

er i dont follow u but ill look for the posky c17nw1.gifTim Quayle Northwest Virtual Airlines et al - MSP

I have an FS2000 C-17 right now (not the POSKY one) although I would like the POSKY model, it is 8mb & I am on a 28.8 dial up. Has anyone made a USAF paint of the POSKY model that might be a bit smaller in size?Also, I searched for the panels listed above & can't find them. Can you give me a direct link? thanks!

The first response in the thread by flightpro08 is actually the direct link...as direct as you can get on their website: http://www.psd.avsim.net/. Once you're on the site, go to the Downloads button (third button from the left), and click on the Panels button. The C-17 panel will be the very first panel visible. As far as file size goes, might I suggest you set up your download just prior to heading off to bed for the night. That way, it should be available for you upon waking up the following morning. That's how I did it when I had dial-up. Also, be sure to grab the C-17 model update for the POSKY model. It's a 323K file. Additionally, I noticed that when you click on the link I gave you in response #4 it tries to redirect you when you attempt to connect to the POSKY site from the FlightSimNetwork site; however, it doesn't do a very good job. For some reason it hangs, so try this link to go to POSKY directly: http://www.avsim.com/posky/home.shtml. It should be noted, also, that POSKY's download page is temporarily offline: "We're sorry, but the downloads section is down for the next few days. All files have been moved into the Avsim File Library to increase download speed and ease the load on the main server. Please be patient as there are 200+ links to fix."Once they bring the download page back up, I'd recommend setting up the download as previously stated above (just prior to going to bed for the night). Trust me (and Dark Moment). The POSKY C-17 is the best model out there."Learn from your parents' mistake...use birth control."(I M A UCLA) BruinAddict *:-*DemetriousAsus A7V266 MBAthlon XP 1600+ (@ 1.53)512MB PC2100 DDRVisionTek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti 4400 (Detonator 29.42 WHQL)NEC MultiSync E1100+ 21"SoundBlaster Live! Platinum 5.1Cambridge DTT2500 Desk Top TheaterWestern Digital 7200RPM ATA/100 40G HD (Primary)Western Digital 7200RPM ATA/100 40G HD (Secondary)300W PSUWindows XP Professional (Both drives - Multiboot)DirectX 8.1("I am humorous and well versed in the subtleties of everything pertaining to nothing." - BA)

The PSD site is down right now, but thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to download the POSKY model, It just will take awhile. ;)

Also know that Owen Hewitt (of Posky fame, now FSD...) is remaking it in GMAX....he's taking his time so don't expect it for a while but I've seen previews and its a beaut of course. Expect a VC too I think!

Guest eko

Mark, thanks for the kind words about the C-17 panel I modified based on Pauls. BTW, eko = Jorge. :-)That is Pauls FS2000 panel he made for a Galaxy which I modified the bitmap and replaced/added gauges, etc. for use with the older FS2000 C-17 which was around. (Pre-Owen Hewitt C-17). I have to confess, that the bulk of the credit for that panel has to go to Paul, who does fantastic work.Still, it was a good mod and made a decent C-17 panel back when there really wasn't one around.I have actually converted to the GMAX C-17 panel over at PSD myself, albeit, with a ton of modifications of my own so that it has all the functionality and glass goodies that my old one had. That bitmap is just gorgeous, and the panel itself is quite good. I had thought about asking for permission to release my modifications, but I decided that the original panel stood quite well on it's own, seeing as how all my mods were personal preference kinda things.If I were to recommend, I would recommend the PSD panel over my own mod. :-) But, some may like the functionality of my older panel better. Which, IIRC, I did update to include a HUD. However, I can't seem to find it anywhere here in the library, maybe fs.com?Happy flying!

Just some extra info. I know that POSKY planes can be had from sites other than the POSKY site; however, if anyone is interested, I found access to the POSKY download page via this link: http://www.avsim.com/posky/download_pgs/."Learn from your parents' mistake...use birth control."(I M A UCLA) BruinAddict *:-*DemetriousAsus A7V266 MBAthlon XP 1600+ (@ 1.53)512MB PC2100 DDRVisionTek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti 4400 (Detonator 29.42 WHQL)NEC MultiSync E1100+ 21"SoundBlaster Live! Platinum 5.1Cambridge DTT2500 Desk Top TheaterWestern Digital 7200RPM ATA/100 40G HD (Primary)Western Digital 7200RPM ATA/100 40G HD (Secondary)300W PSUWindows XP Professional (Both drives - Multiboot)DirectX 8.1("I am humorous and well versed in the subtleties of everything pertaining to nothing." - BA)