Sign in to follow this  
Guest dudleywhitney

FS9 and AVC slow to a crawl

Guest dudleywhitney

Using FS9 and AVC while twice trying to land at LAX during their LAX Rush event, both audio and video slowed to a crawl, skipping/stuttering at an unacceptable rate. I have no idea if the plane's position was being updated properly with ATC. I could barely get onto Squawkbox to disconnect. As I said, this happened twice as I was on downwind and within 5 or so miles from the airport.I assume my system began slowing when near so much other traffic. Any suggestions welcome.

Guest jmacias34

I experienced the same, word for word. Happened right at Bracket. I don't think it was my system, as it should be able to handle this stuff. Sliders at medium detail... It took a lot of fun out of a would be awesome flyin. And this seems to happen at all of the big flyins, regardless of locale, computer or flight sim version. Oh well... :-(

Guest dweese

Most likely what happend is there was a lot of connections to one server. Good idea before a big flyin is to check servinfo and see what server has the lowest number of connections and use that one.

Guest dudleywhitney

If that were the case, wouldn't I experience the same problem the entire trip since about the same number of planes were connected during that time? For example, I didn't have any problems at SFO with a few planes there. Why would I experience those problems only as I approached the airport.I later tried flying again into LAX with video set to 800x600 rather than 1024x768. I only noted the the usual slight stuttering of the video near the runway. I assume that part of this has to do with updating/rendering the ground objects.