Sign in to follow this  
Guest airborne1

multiplayer setup problem?

Guest airborne1

Hi all Vatsim members. I am teaching my friend to fly properly in order that he can join the vatsim community. We fly online via the normal fs9 multiplayer option. I log on as observer and give him instructions via roger wilco and follow behind. What I would like to do is to jump into his cockpit so that I can see exactly what he is doing. Basically so we are both seeing the same screens. Is it possible to initiate this in any way.thanx.Keith Sandford

Guest dweese

Is this something you want to do when he is on-line with Vatsim?Not sure you can do it, or if its ever been tried, sounds like you are looking see a kind of co-pilot view, which can been done on a LAN with WideFS. On normal FS multiplayer you can try the Flight Instructor pack too see this. Download it herehttp://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...wnloads_sdk.asp

Guest airborne1

Thanx for your help in this matter. Keith Sandford

Keith it is not possible.There are two threads in the general forum here about this subject and wanting to do the same as you I did some testing.You can join a session as observer, you can follow another aircraft and I thought the option 'select player' would put you in that player's cockpit, something I understand you can do in combat sims, but it does not work.Even the 'follow aircraft' does not seem to work.I had a buddy take off from EGCC and just fly around a bit. I was in the session as observer, switched player to him and selected 'follow aircraft'.Without touching the controls of 'my' Cessna I took off and climbed and thought I was tailing him, when I looked in spot view he was behind me!Later in the flight I asked him where he was as I couldn't see him, he had turned back to the airport but I was still heading outbound, also our altitudes were different.I have not tried Instructor mode but reading about it it looks like it only shows the 'student' on a moving map display with some data shown so you don't really know what the student is doing. Also if the display is on the default FS map view it is so small as to be useless IMHO.It would be great if you could sit in the cockpit, a help to newbies and a great help to VA training captains.EDIT: BTW I would NOT suggest you do this training while flying on VATSIM, that's if it was possible.