Sign in to follow this  
fspaan

VATSIM and ATC Simulator 2

Just curious about the use of ATC Simulator 2 and VATSIM. I saw ATC Simulator 2 in the stores. Although I do not act as ATC on VATSIM I was curious whether the majority of you ATC people use this tool or use the one that is required for VATSIM.Or is it not possible to use this piece of goodlooking software with VATSIM?Thanks in advance!

Guest dweese

Its an addon for FS to give you better ATC for the built in stuff with FS. It has nothing to do with Vatsim and is not needed and does not work with Vatsim.

>Its an addon for FS to give you better ATC for the built in>stuff with FS. It has nothing to do with Vatsim and is not>needed and does not work with Vatsim. >>Thanks, But how does this multiplayer functionality work as ATC2 claims?

Guest dweese

Ok after quick Goggle search for ATC sim2 here is what I found.ATC Sim lets you play ATC with computer generated aircraft, some what like what we have with Vatsim other then the pilots are not real, and I would guess everything is done in text as good voice control of your computer is still a few years out. The FS MP option it gives you, does allow you and your friends to get together in a FS MP and you can seen them on a radar scope some what like Vatsim and other on-line networks.If this sounds like what you are looking for then fly with Vatsim its free, if you want to become an ATC follow the links on the right side of the Vatsim page to the area you wish to learn to control at and some one will be more then happy to help you out. :)

>Ok after quick Goggle search for ATC sim2 here is what I>found.>>ATC Sim lets you play ATC with computer generated aircraft,>some what like what we have with Vatsim other then the pilots>are not real, and I would guess everything is done in text as>good voice control of your computer is still a few years out.>The FS MP option it gives you, does allow you and your friends>to get together in a FS MP and you can seen them on a radar>scope some what like Vatsim and other on-line networks.>>If this sounds like what you are looking for then fly with>Vatsim its free, if you want to become an ATC follow the links>on the right side of the Vatsim page to the area you wish to>learn to control at and some one will be more then happy to>help you out. :)>Hi Dave,Thanks for your offer, but I have already flown for VATSIM over 2 years now. :)I was just curious about this ATC2 thing. I know that ATC people over VATSIM use their dedicated Radar equipment. But I did not understand how ATC2 FS multiplayer worked and whether it could be used in conjunction with VATSIM. I already doubted that it was able. And now I have learned it is not able to work in conjunction.Anyhow, thanks for your explanation!Regards, Ferry