Sign in to follow this  
Guest AirChina36

God I love VATSIM, but I badly need help here!!!

Guest AirChina36

Hi everyone, I am a new user to VATSIM; started using like a week ago. But VATSIM's ATCs and pilots gave me a whole new experience in the aviation field. I was child who dreamed and still dreaming to be a pilot, however the reality had closed the door for me. Yet VATSIM had made the SIM world much more realistic and fulfilled my desire of saying,"request for take off clearance" one day. I am truely grateful to every one here, especially the ATCs, who are so passionate, generous, patient and professional. Thank you! But I still have some question I couldn't figure out, someone please help guide me through this. First of all, why sometimes my connection is forcefully rejected? Second, if I filed a flightplan on VATSIM website, do I still have to file it again on squakbox? Third, do I have to jump out the cockpit to SB to change my radio frequency? Fourth, I have MSFS2004 and my computer is good and, I have high speed internet; but why last time when I flow to KLAX in a foggy day, I was lagging so badly that I could not land. The planes on line look like mine, and some my planes are high detailed, is that the cause of lag? Is it a computer problem or network problem.I was connected to the fastest server I pinged, 58 ms. The fourth one is the most important one. It makes me feel so bad to declear misapproach twice and finally give up and disconnect. So please help me, thank you very much.

Guest dweese

Go to www.vatim.net/prc read the FS2004 setup docs that will show you how to use HostSB.dll to save you from jumping in and out of FS to tune your com radio. Should also help you with the reason all the planes look the same.No need to refile your FP if you did it on the website.Lag, happens sometimes, most days before I log on I check servinfo to see which server has the least amout of connections and use that one.

Try controlling at VATSIM it might change your opinion.IVAO is more relaxed.You need Advance Voice Client and the AVC tuner.This uses voice and will tune the radio automatic from the SQ controller directoryFor aircraft you need CSL common shapes library be sure you have Squawkbox ver2.3 B5 not 4.Supervisors can forcefully reject you!! or the server is overloaded.A broadband connection helps with lag.Try circuts for landing practice.Regards,Atkin