Sign in to follow this  
Guest mangold

AVC Tuner

Guest mangold

HelloAfter a week of good operation AVC Tuner produces"Das Zeitlimit f

Hello Guenther,I doubt that this is a time limit in AVC tuner. It most likely comes from your german version of windows and is a translation of the windows error message "session timed out". This message usually indicates a connection problem with the internet with a particular application.Yours,Martin Georg/EDDFVACC-SAG PR & Events Coordinator *** mailto:sag11@vacc-sag.orghttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...r=SAG01&a=a.jpg

Guest mangold

Tach Martin, my FS9 is USA version.AVCTuner_1_2_1_2.exe performed several days flawlessly.RatlosG

Hello,seems to be a very unusual problem. Sveral others from around the world have reported the same problem - for a period of about 24 hours. You may want to check the thread "AVC Tuner" in the newsgroup simflight.vatsim . These others also reported that AVC tuner again works fine now ...Technically my interpretation was correct. The message indicates an access timeout - but the reason remains unknown.Yours,Martin Georg/EDDFVACC-SAG PR & Events Coordinator *** mailto:sag11@vacc-sag.orghttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...r=SAG01&a=a.jpg

Hello,as a follow-up to this topic, this message was posted today in the simflight.vatsim newsgroup. It explains the current problems:----snipp----Sean Harrison wrote:> There must be a program fault, because I had exactly the same thing happen> in Australia and it lasted 24hrs....This was due to a couple of things.The first is that AVC Tuner was build with some extra featuers in mind for the future, one of those features was to have a updatable database of company frequencies, so that VA's could have their own company freq's built into AVC.This functionality was not completed for the current release.However, when you start AVC, it checks for any update to AVC itself, and also to its 'freqdb'.A bug in the program means that if our website happens to be unavailable, AVC Tuner gets confused and crashes.On the 16th, at exactly 11:59am, someone disconnected everyone in our city who uses my ISP from the internet. The problem was not fixed until 12 hours later.We hope to have a quick update to AVC Tuner out in a day or two to fix the bug and make it so that AVC Tuner continues to function if our website is down.Sorry for the troubles!Kind Regards,Stuart WhelanTechnical LeadSimulation Hardware LTD----snapp----Yours,Martin Georg/EDDFVACC-SAG PR & Events Coordinator *** mailto:sag11@vacc-sag.orghttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...r=SAG01&a=a.jpg