Sign in to follow this  
Guest creampuff

Problem with SB Host

Guest creampuff

Hi, I'm new to VATSIM and don't know if I am making a really obvious mistake but would appreciate some help.I installed SB, SB Relay and SB Host for my FS 2004, I've followd all the instructions but every time I use SB Host and then start Squawkbox.exe, I get as far as selecting a connection and then Squawkbox gives me an error and shuts down. Some of the instructions are a little unclear, so this is what I am doing:1. Start SB Relay2. Start FS and set up multiplayer, then create flight move to start line3. Select SB Host from modules menu, grey box appears4. Start squawkbox.exe and select connection method then search for connections5. Squawkbox and SB Host crash!!Am I doing something obvious?!?!Ta!

Guest dweese

What is the error?

Guest creampuff

Hi,After starting SB Host and then SB, when I go through to the second screen on SB and click on 'Join' it closes and I get a message saying "Program Error. squawkbox.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. An error log will be created."Also the SB Host window in FS freezes. I have tried re-downloading and re-installing software so am a bit of a loss!! I presume it should work with FS 2004?Cheers

Guest dweese

Yup had this before myself.When you uninstall SB you have to delete its folder and delete the folder called CSL in your Aircraft folder under FS9 even check to make sure your start menu is clean of anything SB, you've got to make sure everything is gone. Then try and reinstall.

Guest Thomas Nyheim

I'm also having this problem... Are you sure a reinstall of SB will fix it? I've seen this problem poping up just now, maybe there's a bad version of SB floating around?PS: Just did a full system reinstall and everything was working great before.Thomas NyheimChief Pilot, UVAVA-Director/Events NY-ARTCC

Guest dweese

Not sure about the bad version of SB. I got mine from Vatsim's site first time had this problem, but on the reinstall everything worked fine.

Guest creampuff

Hi,Tried removing and reinstalling a couple of times (and downloading SB Host from a different source) but still have the same problem!! Any other ideas??

Guest dweese

When you start SB try starting it from the EXE file in your SB folder. Don't use a desktop short cut or start menu icon.

Guest creampuff

Strange, it did the normal crashing thing, and then in frustration I tried again without re-starting FS, got the error again, and then it started!!Bizarre.