Sign in to follow this  
Guest xenonz

Directplay error

Guest xenonz

I'm getting a direct play error "cannot join game" when trying to get SB to join the SBrelay game.Here's what I do.Start SbrelayStart FS9Join Sbrelay game in fs9start SBattempt to join sbrelay game in SB and get the "cannot join game" error.Anyone have any suggestions as to what could be wrong?thanks

Guest dweese

First off are you using a router? If so you'll need to open ports 1900/6073/23456 for DirectPlay Read this for more info about Direct Playhttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;EN-US;240429As well make sure you are running Direct X version 9.bTo check goto 'RUN' on your start menu and run this dxdiag last line on the first page will tell you your DX version, if your not at 9.b go to Microsoft's site and download the updates.

Guest Novair VA

I'm having the same problem. When I'm searching for a game in SB, nothing happens. It just keep saying "Looking for games...". I tried once to input my IP, 127.0.0.1, and it directly finds the game. However, I cannot join it. I know there's not a problem with my ports, as I've enabled DMZ. Is there any other options that could be changed on my router/SB?Thanks,Alex

Guest dweese

Does SBRelay show the FS2002 and FS2004 servers running?Try starting you FSMP once you have loaded FS and are in the cockpit on the ramp. And before you connect to Vatsim

Alex, I too am having problems as you are. I cannot for the life of me figure how to "configure ports" to make this work. I have a Netgear Gateway router Model RT314, and the configuration page for this router does not list the ports as they are mentioned in articles on this problem. My question: how do you enable DMZ, and wnat is it?Dave Hinson

Guest Novair VA

Hi Dave,To learn how to configure your ports, you should contact Netgear support. But, as this is your lucky day, I've done it for you :). To forward ports to your computer, do the following (do not enter the quotes):1. Click Start -> Run. Enter "CMD" in the input box.2. An MS-DOS prompt will start. Enter "ipconfig", and press enter. Write the IP# down.3. Enter "telnet 192.168.0.1". Press enter.4. Enter your password for the router. If you haven't specified one, the default is "1234". Now the router menu should appear.5. Type "15" and click enter to select SUA Server Setup. The Port Forwarding Screen should appear.6. Enter the port number you whish to open, and then the IP# that you wrote down. Repeat the process for all ports which you'd like to open.7. Press enter repeatedly until the cursor comes to the last line and save the changes.8. Type "99" to exit from the router settings.This is how you do to open ports. However, you might not want to open up ports to ALL of the games you'd like to play online, or you might even don't want to configure this by yourself. Now there is a solution: DMZ. DMZ stands for DeMilitarized Zone, and is a function that opens up ALL ports and forwards them to your computer. This means that you never have to open any ports, but at the same time, this means lower security. In fact, your whole firewall will be disabled. This is how you activate DMZ:1. Open your web browser, and enter the default IP of your router in the adress bar (default is "192.168.0.1").2. Enter the router's username and password. (Default username is "admin" and default password is "1234")3. From the Main Menu of the browser interface, under Advanced, click Port Forwarding to view the port forwarding menu.4. Enter the IP address of the DMZ server in the corresponding Server IP Address box. (Enter the IP# that you got during the port forwarding)5. Click Apply.Hope this helped you.And now, back to my own problem. I have an active SBRelay session, my FS is connected to it, but SB can't find it...Cheers,Alex

Thanks, Alex, for the very complete instructions! I shall try them tonight and let you know how it comes out.Dave Hinson

Thanks, Alex, that did it. I had a heck of a time tracking down all the functions (SB, SBRelay, etc.) and their port numbers to get it to work. Wish someone would list these somewhere for our use. Dave Weese helped me with some (thanks again, Dave).Dave Hinson