Sign in to follow this  
jc_150

A little confused

Hi all in the forum......I am flying online more as I build up my confidence but some things are still beyond my comprehension. Today the wind at EGLL was 180 degs. and the runways are 09/27 and thats exactly 90 degs from either direction so a good guess was no good and they are also left and right. So to my question...how do you know which is the current runway for take offs and landings in the absence of a controller when flying online so you do not spoil others flights.I suppose what i am asking is where do you get current ATIS information from apart from FS9 itself which sometimes leaves a little to be desiredMany thanks for any responsesJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

A lot of airports have preferred runway use so where it is not clear from the wind direction/speed I would look up which are the preferred runways, usually this info can be found on the relevant VATSIM site.I don't fly out of EGLL but I do know they have preferred runways so I would suggest having a look on the VATSIM-UK web site.With luck someone who knows EGLL procedures will reply.The other way is to use existing traffic. If there is traffic either landing or taking off at EGLL use the same, or similar, runways to them then you won't get in their way.HTH