Sign in to follow this  
Guest larryj2112

Aircraft position at 0.00 0.00????

Guest larryj2112

I haven't used VATSIM in a few years, so I decided to try to get back on, got my password retrieved and loaded all the new software for FS9 to get going. I thought everything was okay, but once i connected, servinfo shows my position in the middle of the atlantic at a longitude/latituide of 0.00 0.00 I know I am sitting on the ground at my home airport. I am using FS9 with windows xp, I turned my firewall off, using SBhost 1.2 I was so excited when I heard the "DING DING" when I connected, only to find out I had more problems. I did also try the registering part within FSUIPC when you type in squwakbox and the 12 digit key, but that still didn't do it.Any help would be greately appreciated. ThanksLarry JohnsonIndio, CA

Guest dweese

Most likey your Direct X version is out of date, you need to be one version 9.0b. to check go to the run line one your start menu and run this dxdiag.exe the last line on the first page will tell you.If that does not fix it this will.Control Panel --> Regional and Language --> Regional Tab --> Customize --> List separator: , if its . or a . if its ,

Guest larryj2112

Dave,Thanks for the quick reply. I checked my DX version, and I was using 9.0a, so i upgraded to 9.0b, and that still didn't do the trick.I also checked the list separator as you suggested, and it is set okay. I really don't know what else it could be. I connect with no problems, I show up on ServInfo, but I am still showing up at 0.00 0.00 really weird stuff. Any other ideas?ThanksLarry JohnsonIndio, CA

Guest rcritz

It's almost certainly a problem with FSUIPC if you're reporting positions as zeroes.

Guest Alex Goldstein

Hey I am having the same problem! Can anyone help!!

Guest dweese

Is FSUIPC setup on your system as per Vatsim PRC doc # 103e?Find that doc here www.vatsim.net/prc